News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

No more CJ's Pony Parts for me

Started by hurlbird, June 11, 2022, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlbird

Attempted a return on a $20.00 item that was missing parts. Guess who had to pay the shipping both ways? $20.00 in shipping. I have nothing and im out $20.00. No more and beware!

67 GT350

That happened to me with a 66 rear bumper, NEVER AGAIN...
RARE  Signature Delete

Wedgeman

I always pay with Visa & order the part  at the first of the month, knowing the bill will not arrive for 28 days. If the part is defective I contact the vendor for a replacement. If they refuse I contact Visa. They have always backed me up.

hurlbird

you would hope for honest business practices.... They won't survive with policies like this.  I've spent over $1600 with them ya think they might recognize that? Oh well.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: hurlbird on June 12, 2022, 09:59:58 PM
you would hope for honest business practices.... They won't survive with policies like this.  I've spent over $1600 with them ya think they might recognize that? Oh well.
I have heard stories like that for many years. Yet they still persist. People buy from them because they are cheap ,do a lot of advertising and pay to be put in front on google searches etc. . They typically have the cheapest lowest grade reproduction parts to keep prices down. When I point out a low quality reproduction part on a judged car to explain the differences more often then not the owner confesses he got it from CJ.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbymann1970

On the Facebook Mustang forums way too many complaints about CJs but people keep chasing the cheap parts.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

pbf777

Quote from: hurlbird on June 11, 2022, 09:52:06 PM
Guess who had to pay the shipping both ways?

Now, I'm gonna cause trouble!  But why has it in the eye of the consumer, become the vendors' responsibility for freighting costs when the customer is the one who chose to do business in such a way?  If you drive up to the brick & mortar store, upon entering, do you present your calculated fuel and amortization costs for your vehicle and time to the cashier for a refund?   ???   And, I know the answer: "that's why I shop on the internet!  ::)

REMEMBER!: NOTHIN'S FREE!   ;)

So, since you, Joe Customer, has price-shopped the item of your desire, 'to death', found the cheapest source (on-line :(), put the American Manufacturers & the Brick & Mortar stores out of business, of coarse with "FREE FREIGHT" (I didn't know UPS & FED-EX worked for free?  ::) ), then when or if an issue develops (particularly if not the fault of the vendor whom you only left pennies on the table for.  :o ), what do you expect!  If you went to the same dinner to eat, always bought the "Special" and never left a tip, what kind of response would you expect when you asked for extra gravy on the mashed potatoes?   ::)

REMEMBER!: IT'S A TWO-WAY STREET!   ;)

Scott.

67 GT350

I love it when you call them up with issues, you can tell they have no idea what any parts fit or are for. You might as well be talking about a Toyota 4Runner to the kid on the other end.
RARE  Signature Delete

chris NOS

Why not buying from Virginia classic mustang ??? Brant is a SAAC Member for many years, he is spending his own money to reproduce some parts that nobody else would do, and he is helpfull when you want to know witch parts will fit and is quality done   :)
Next time you ll know , ;)

crossboss

Kentucky Mustang for me. Great people, great service, good reasonable prices.
CJ Pony Parts is a shady company...
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

6S1568

+1 For Brant at Virginia Classic.

67 GT350

I think we all have to find out the hard way, for me it was over 10 years ago and a bumper. Have not bought a parts since from there. I have used Branda since and others.
However, I have just had a incident with Branda Performance where I called about two large parts (shipping was almost 200$) that I wanted delivered to Ford Carlise, I called too late as they already left. I asked the person if they would call them and find out if they might somehow get it there, to which I was told they did not know their cell number. The two parts were over 1000.00 and it was no bid deal that the parts would not be there, after all it was my fault, I called too late. BUT what frosted me was the attitude I got over the phone. It wasn't the fact that I would not be able to get the parts and save on the shipping, it was the phone conversation.
RARE  Signature Delete

crossboss

Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 13, 2022, 05:16:29 PM
I think we all have to find out the hard way, for me it was over 10 years ago and a bumper. Have not bought a parts since from there. I have used Branda since and others.
However, I have just had a incident with Branda Performance where I called about two large parts (shipping was almost 200$) that I wanted delivered to Ford Carlise, I called too late as they already left. I asked the person if they would call them and find out if they might somehow get it there, to which I was told they did not know their cell number. The two parts were over 1000.00 and it was no bid deal that the parts would not be there, after all it was my fault, I called too late. BUT what frosted me was the attitude I got over the phone. It wasn't the fact that I would not be able to get the parts and save on the shipping, it was the phone conversation.

I have had the same results with Branda's employees...rude. To be fair, one guy (sorry, don't remember his name) was very nice and helpful. Years ago in the early 80s, when I first stared dealing with them I spoke with Tony himself because they shipped the wrong part to me...same result...rude, with an attitude. Its always been my feeling they are doing you a 'favor' by selling their parts.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Drew Pojedinec

A few thoughts as I'm a vendor, perhaps I have a different point of view.

-local store?  Whaaaaat?  For most people that doesn't exist, nor has it ever. Even if I go to a local auto parts store, they 100% of the time have to order it and generally they have no clue what I'm talking about.

-Occasionally losing money on shipping or losing a small profit to keep a customer happy is just good business. I would go so far as to say that as a mail order business it is kinda expected. I cannot hold a customer responsible for shipping damage, I eat it 100% of the time. My lost profit is made up for with loyalty and respect.

-regarding Branda or any people who answer a phone all day and for the most part get asked annoying questions.... I cannot excuse it, but seriously, I understand. It may not be you, it might have been the irrational person they just got off the phone with. I could tell stories of the guy who sent 140 emails over a rebuild, or just how downright mean and irrational some folks get.
I don't give out a phone number for a reason.

Ok. Carry on 😉

FL SAAC

Quote from: crossboss on June 13, 2022, 06:28:44 PM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 13, 2022, 05:16:29 PM

I have had the same results with Branda's employees...rude. To be fair, one guy (sorry, don't remember his name) was very nice and helpful. Years ago in the early 80s, when I first stared dealing with them I spoke with Tony himself because they shipped the wrong part to me...same result...rude, with an attitude. Its always been my feeling they are doing you a 'favor' by selling their parts.

TERRY
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert