News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Classic Cadillac owner mad at Maaco paint job..

Started by deathsled, June 21, 2022, 05:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

crossboss

I see it differently. $3,500 bucks is not 'peanuts'. The man (as per the article) paid for body work, prep and paint. Therefore it is MAACOs fault. Period. If they refuse to honor their warranty that is fraud. Time for a lawsuit in my opinion.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: crossboss on June 21, 2022, 08:10:17 PM
I see it differently. $3,500 bucks is not 'peanuts'. The man (as per the article) paid for body work, prep and paint. Therefore it is MAACOs fault. Period. If they refuse to honor their warranty that is fraud. Time for a lawsuit in my opinion.
This is where they'll trot out the fine print that says the franchisee is responsible for their own warranty work and since he's gone your SOL.
I've had 2 cars that were painted by MACCO about 2 years before I bought them both had lost their gloss and were chalky.
Earl Sheib would repaint a car if you complained but would only do 1/2 so you had to go back twice.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

crossboss

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on June 21, 2022, 09:28:52 PM
Quote from: crossboss on June 21, 2022, 08:10:17 PM
This is where they'll trot out the fine print that says the franchisee is responsible for their own warranty work and since he's gone your SOL.
I've had 2 cars that were painted by MACCO about 2 before I bought them both had lost their gloss and were chalky.
Earl Sheib would repaint a car if you complained but would only do 1/2 so you had to go back twice.

Well...
First, I am not an attorney. However, since the MACCO franchisee is licensed to do business as a MACCO shop, the head corporate can be sued. Just like an employee's negligence can get his company in a lawsuit. Also like individual insurance agents, and the company they represent. At least that is how I understand it. Of course every state has different rules/laws. Read the contract/warranty carefully. There might be a loophole. Some (most) contracts require you to abide in mediation first before filing a lawsuit.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

Many , many moons ago we went to a maaco shop. The manager came out and looked at our car and with a grease pencil started marking our cars debts and scratches. 

As he was marking he was mumbling 10, 15, 10, 5 . We went into his office where he proceeded to add up all thise circles.

Wallah $515 dollar for paint and body work, how soon can we start at this he said

We left and never came back

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert