Author Topic: Ford Mustang Fastback Project and Shelby GT350 Parts Package  (Read 3441 times)

s2ms

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • 6S1757 Info
Re: Ford Mustang Fastback Project and Shelby GT350 Parts Package
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2022, 05:34:46 PM »
Anyone have a November 2003 Mustang & Fords magazine?

Article could be (like #1) of one of the following

Looking at the 2011 Registry it shows the following (summarized)

A David McDonald owned 6S1757 in 2002 and the car was used to create a model for Exact Detail. Company may have seen the article and called to use the car. A blue car

A David L McDonald owned 6S1803 who appears to be the original owner and not the owner in 2003

Don't see any 65 or 67's that fit the information provided

Just a possibility

Don't recall seeing either car locally. About 15 miles or so from the last registered owner and city

Just to clear a few things up:

1. The Dave McDonald who was supposedly the last registered owner of 6S1130 shown in the hand written note in reply# 28 and on the BAT auction page is not me.

2. Yes, I do have a couple copies of the November 2003 Mustang & Fords magazine. The article shown in the other reply# 28 photo on my 66, 6S1757.

3. Lane / Exact Detail contacted me directly in 2002 about doing a model based on 6S1757. They were looking to complete their 66 GT350 lineup but could not find anything
    on the black/white stripe non-Hertz cars until they found some photos on my website.  As a side note, they were fantastic to work with. I simply gave then a few photos,
    one which they used on the box, and they gave me the prototype model which was sent around for licensing, plus let me buy 2 production models at cost.

4. The David L McDonald who was the original owner of 6S1803 is also not me, just another dude with the same exact name.
Dave - 6S1757

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2022, 09:18:03 PM »
Gentlemen,

What everyone believes that "these vehicles" will be appearing in conventional places of sale like
 auto trader,  ebay, bring a trailer, auction houses etc. Is completely wrong

When they reconstruct both vehicles the 65 and 66 (since they do have the paperwork) they will be sold out of the USA .

Where?

In any other continent

Why ?

Because they will be sold into the black market,  to people who have the money and really don't care about provenance . They just want to show their friends they have a 65 or 66 Shelby or maybe both

Don't believe me , well recently  on this forum someone brought this particular car up that disappeared and apparently someone knows where it's at,  it can't do a thing to retrieve it.

James Bond's iconic Aston Martin, valued at $25 million, vanished from a hangar in Florida in 1997.

The iconic 1963 Aston Martin DB5 car used in early James Bond films like “Goldfinger” and “Thunderball” has been found after being stolen 25 years ago, NME reported.

The car, which is valued to be worth over $25 million, mysteriously vanished from a reportedly secure hangar at a Boca Raton, Florida, airport in 1997. Now 25 years later, the car has been found by Art Recovery International, a group that finds stolen luxury items, according to The Telegraph.

The group said that an unnamed individual was able to verify the car through its serial number, confirming it is the one that went missing, NME reported.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2022, 09:39:12 PM »
Just to clear a few things up:

1. The Dave McDonald who was supposedly the last registered owner of 6S1130 shown in the hand written note in reply# 28 and on the BAT auction page is not me.

2. Yes, I do have a couple copies of the November 2003 Mustang & Fords magazine. The article shown in the other reply# 28 photo on my 66, 6S1757.

3. Lane / Exact Detail contacted me directly in 2002 about doing a model based on 6S1757. They were looking to complete their 66 GT350 lineup but could not find anything
    on the black/white stripe non-Hertz cars until they found some photos on my website.  As a side note, they were fantastic to work with. I simply gave then a few photos,
    one which they used on the box, and they gave me the prototype model which was sent around for licensing, plus let me buy 2 production models at cost.

4. The David L McDonald who was the original owner of 6S1803 is also not me, just another dude with the same exact name.

Thanks for filling in the blanks and closing that rabbit hole  :)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge