News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Memorial Day

Started by Rocket, May 28, 2018, 09:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket

Just wanted to say HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY to everyone, and send a huge THANK YOU to all those who are serving, or have served.  You are the ones who made it possible for all the rest of us to enjoy all the freedoms that we have. All gave some, some gave all. Thank you, Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

Al G

I know you mean well and I appreciate the sentiment.  However, Memorial Day is for honoring the fallen.  Veteran's Day is for those serving or have served. 

I don't think HAPPY is the correct emotion for honoring Memorial Day's true purpose.

Rocket

Sorry if I'm not politically correct, I just believe in honoring both the fallen, and those who are Veterans, every day. Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

Coralsnake

I don't see a problem with it, but its a good point. We can be happy we have the freedoms we enjoy, thanks to those that sacrificed.

nconnors545

My father would always remind me that Memorial Day was for memorializing the fallen and to not confuse the two. But agree it's good to honor veterans and the fallen every day as well