News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Engine mounts

Started by GT350Lad, June 30, 2022, 05:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT350Lad

Hi guys, quick question. These are the engine mounts they came in a box with 6S1276, are they original? They have similar markings to 6S933 from pics

Cheers

Sorry I can't seem to fix orientation on first pic
6S373
6S1276

GT350Lad

Also box had a set of Hipo mounts in it. But she is too higher number for those

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

J_Speegle

Can't make out the cast markings very well but doesn't look like originals from what I can make out. Originals would be marked C6OA-6038- number
and  FoMoCo in a rectangle for a car built around your cars completion date at San Jose

Do have pictures of the information cast in a single or two lines on the end of the rubber section as well a few small differences in design. Two different suppliers for all the Mustangs built in 66 at all the plants
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: GT350Lad on June 30, 2022, 05:17:21 PM
Hi guys, quick question. These are the engine mounts they came in a box with 6S1276, are they original? They have similar markings to 6S933 from pics

Cheers

Sorry I can't seem to fix orientation on first pic
Those are generic auto parts store replacements based on the the pictured markings on the sides. Although similar looking to the original there would be C6 engineering numbers on the sides.  I have also seen some with the engineering number on the front or rear face instead of the sides but regardless the marking seen in the pictures are typically the after market tell.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

GT350Lad

Thanks guys, I suspected so

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

GT350Lad

I'll need a nice set if anyone has some they will part with please let me know

Thanks
6S373
6S1276