News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Great story about a man and his 66 Shelby

Started by deathsled, July 09, 2022, 12:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

An older article so forgive me if it was already posted before.  I love reading these types of stories.

https://drive-my.com/ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-cop-s-30-year-love-affair/
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Side-Oilers

Very enjoyable read.  Thanks, Richard, for posting.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

deathsled

GT350Lad

Great read. Hasn't seen that one before

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

FL SAAC

Fantastic story

Love this comment:

"The Ford had certainly been enjoyed. When I bought it in 1981, it had already been around the clock once. I've seen it pass twice and it's now done about 350,000 miles. I like cars that have had a life – these low-mileage GT350s that make crazy money at auction are to me like a cheerleader who's never seen the inside of a boys' locker." 
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

427hunter

Greg loves that car, his 66 has a good vibe if you didn't know any better you would think it's a survivor. All the miles he racked up just add to the cars vibe. For years we would meet at super car Sunday in Los Angeles and his car always attracted a crowd, much to the chagrin of the exotic car owners.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

deathsled

Quote from: 427hunter on July 10, 2022, 01:22:12 PM
Greg loves that car, his 66 has a good vibe if you didn't know any better you would think it's a survivor. All the miles he racked up just add to the cars vibe. For years we would meet at super car Sunday in Los Angeles and his car always attracted a crowd, much to the chagrin of the exotic car owners.
Cool that you know him.  It truly is a small world.  That car has many stories both told and untold that resides within the memory of the chassis as seen through the headlights.

Tomdeg

Just saw Greg and his '66 last night at a show. Super guy.

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on July 10, 2022, 04:40:15 PM
Cool that you know him.  It truly is a small world.  That car has many stories both told and untold that resides within the memory of the chassis as seen through the headlights.

That is a ICONIC statement  !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 11, 2022, 09:37:47 AM
Quote from: deathsled on July 10, 2022, 04:40:15 PM

That is a ICONIC statement  !
Cars are very much alive metaphorically speaking.  The headlights are the eyes, the four tires are the appendages like an animal or a human, they breathe air (ICE cars that is), they drink liquids (gasoline), they get injured, they heal under the right hands, they have a voice through the horn and the engine...and so on.