News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New FORD Maverick truck What the F***

Started by DC-DD, July 10, 2022, 07:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC-DD

Saw one at the cruise night we were at last night. Who at Ford comes up with these ideas ?? Use another name for whatever that thing is BUTT ugly . Its as bad as the Mach e MUSTANG USE a different name for another BUTT ugly car.

Its as bad a  Car guy who has cars that get 10 miles to the gallon high octane / race fuel voting for the party that wants to end fossil fuel ;)

Dominic

deathsled

Something must be awry with their design team. This is usually what you get when promotions are not based on merit and ability. We pay the price through the entire strata of society.  Mediocrity reigns free when everyone gets a participation trophy.  Our not so distant predecessors would be appalled at what they would see today.  And amazed too regarding tech. But appalled for other reasons that I need not articulate and we all mostly know.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Royce Peterson

I think the leadership at Ford is due for a complete top down overhaul. The CEO is not qualified for his job and his decisions reflect that.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

68krrrr

Yea when i saw it i was a little confused why,i mean didn't  they just came out with a midsize PU with the Ranger
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

DC-DD

The reuse of existing names to me seems like they are lazy . Playing it safe so they do not pick a name that may offend someone.
That new Mach E Mustang should then have been named the EXP that is a safe name they could have reused .
That new Maverick look  is just a Honda Ridgeline design with a squared off Ford treatment. 

shelbydoug

Quote from: Royce Peterson on July 10, 2022, 08:23:54 PM
I think the leadership at Ford is due for a complete top down overhaul. The CEO is not qualified for his job and his decisions reflect that.

This is how it looks to me also. The CEO looks more like a suicide/murder pact leader then anything else.

It's one thing to have "vision". It's an entirely different thing to lead the company into a desert mirage.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

Quote from: shelbydoug on July 11, 2022, 06:54:28 AM
Quote from: Royce Peterson on July 10, 2022, 08:23:54 PM

This is how it looks to me also. The CEO looks more like a suicide/murder pact leader then anything else.

It's one thing to have "vision". It's an entirely different thing to lead the company into a desert mirage.
Suicide/ murder pact leader. LOL!  I can see that as well now that you identified it.  Jim Jones juice anyone?

deathsled

Quote from: 67 GT350 on July 11, 2022, 11:05:42 AM
People that think electric cars are GREEN, love things like this.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/07/11/studies-show-the-electric-vehicles-democrats-insist-you-buy-are-worse-for-the-environment-and-lower-quality/
Certain elements in society simply do not want to hear or read such information.  They don't live in reality. 

6R07mi

I think you are misguided in thinking product decisions are driven by consumer desire or historical trends!

Now corporate leadership, board of directors and Wall Street are all woke and driven by progressive ideology.

I recently had to listen to a half hour sermon on corporate vision by a CEO of a very well known global corporation in the transportation industry and it was more like a "tent revival meeting" than a corporate presentation of it's future plans.

"It is the existential crisis of our generation to make hard commitments to solving the climate crisis before we permanently destroy the planet!"

CEO of Blackrock investments, Fink, " Access to the financial market is a privilege not a right!".

If a corporation doesn't have a diversity exec at VP level or higher, or they don't have a "conforming EV, Green, or environmental commitment" then they may not be given access to the financial market, = they will be financially choked off and die.

"You MUST conform to the progressive agenda or die" is what now drives the global corporate world.

It is sad but it is increasingly apparent that is the new reality!

So it's no surprise to see what products are being shipped to the dealers. Your opinion doesn't matter !

respectfully

jim p
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense

deathsled

papa scoops

i two m an old fard, but fords job is to sell cars. we may not like them but their selling the poop out of them. of course ford is holding back so they can get more money, but, aint that america. scoops, or one scoop with duct tape

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: DC-DD on July 11, 2022, 05:08:16 AM
That new Mach E Mustang should then have been named the........
E-dsel came to mind when I saw it. Judging from the number I've seen on the road others have the same low opinion.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

1109RWHP

I doubt there is anyone at Ford that was alive when the Maverick was made.

JD

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on July 11, 2022, 07:25:07 PM
Quote from: DC-DD on July 11, 2022, 05:08:16 AM
That new Mach E Mustang should then have been named the........
E-dsel came to mind when I saw it. Judging from the number I've seen on the road others have the same low opinion.

That's what I thought too - it was even Green, and there was a "Ranger" model that would have inference to the battery/distance game.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0