News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Experiences Shipping Large Parts (but not particularly heavy)

Started by WT6066-2600, July 12, 2022, 11:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT6066-2600

Soliciting suggestions and sharing experiences for shipping large items (but not particularly heavy).

Recently sold 68 lower front valance and it cost the buyer several hundred dollars to ship via UPS a relatively short distance.

Plan on posting 68 KR hood and decklid with endcaps shortly and wanted to know shipping options to help buyers.

CharlesTurner

Greyhound used to be an option for items like this, haven't checked if the service is still offered.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

nctrucks

I have used Blue Lane Freight It is division of Fastenal.  Very happy with the rates and service. You can even call  talk to a real person that can answer your questions and handle your needs. No home pickup or drop offs  You pickup and drop off at your local Fastenal store.

sg66

You can take a stab a posting something in Appeals with to and from locations. I gave a C6 a free 300 mile ride several years ago helping out a couple people here.

Krelboyne

The Blue Line Freight currently has restrictions. No East Coast to West Coast and vice versa. We have used them to ship engine blocks for customers.

https://www.fastenal.com/fast/blue-lane-freight
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

Special Ed

Last summer after  cal saac meet i drove thru oregon and stopped at west coast cougar and bought a pallet full of suspension etc 500 pounds and to my surprize they shipped it by air and it was very reasonable and the airport delivered it to my door. We went to hot august nights reno the following weekend and that was a car guys dream a must do car event.

Dennis Y

Guy that shipped my hood to me used Forward Freight. He built a 2 x 4 and plywood crate for it. Cost me $300. Arrived in perfect condition.