News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Oil Caps Used on Non-Thermactor Engines

Started by greekz, July 20, 2022, 05:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greekz

According the latest 1967 Registry, GT-350 oil caps were chrome and had either FoMoCo in an oval or a stamped Autolite depending on production time frame. 

My question is, would either of the oil caps pictured with Autolite stamped on them be correct for a June production at SA?

Thanks,

Greek
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

Bob Gaines

Quote from: greekz on July 20, 2022, 05:01:12 PM
According the latest 1967 Registry, GT-350 oil caps were chrome and had either FoMoCo in an oval or a stamped Autolite depending on production time frame. 

My question is, would either of the oil caps pictured with Autolite stamped on them be correct for a June production at SA?

Thanks,

Greek
I have seen the bottom one used with Autolite in the center. I have not seen the marked style in the upper picture used on the ones I have had and observed over more then a few decades. With that said I haven't seen them all but if it was used (off center one )it was in the vast minority.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

greekz

oldcanuck

FWIW.... the second picture matches mine which was May '67
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

greekz

Quote from: oldcanuck on July 30, 2022, 05:36:07 AM

FWIW.... the second picture matches mine which was May '67

Thanks for the info.

Greek