News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New FORD Maverick truck What the F***

Started by DC-DD, July 10, 2022, 07:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnston

Lincoln tech

All the dealers have been doing it all over the country , if you want it now you'll pay the price although Ford is not very happy with that practice , you can always order and wait ( F-150 orders will take at least 6 months to be completed ) Crazy  :P 

Royce Peterson

Two of my friends ordered new Broncos 24 months ago. One of them just got an email that his Bronco was complete and being shipped to the dealer. The other guy is still waiting.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

crossboss

My worthless two cents...
ANY dealer offering the rip offs with 'Added Markup' or 'Adjusted Markup Price', walk away, and never return back. Dealer greed (especially in these hard times), won't fly with customers. Its a major turn off. This is why Kia, Hyundai, Honda, and others are kicking our butts. Now IF I were in the truck market, buy a used one. And that used one I would buy is a Dodge Ram.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Don Johnston

TOBKOB

Looks like FORD is setting themselves up to crash and burn like the rest of the greenies when we get someone back in power with large enough man grapes to stand up to the loonies. If not they will finish bankrupting the country and then no one can afford electric vehicles. They aren't even hiding the fact that they are planning to punish us into submission. Just my humble opinion... :(

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

crossboss

Democrat math:
Buy an EV for 45-65K or more. Put 10 percent down= $800 dollar a month payment...PLUS your electric bill=$500 or more each month. All this to save 300 bucks a year in gas. That said, people are struggling to pay their bills. So, going out and buying a new car or EV is not even in the cards.
Republican math:
Keep your internal combustion gas vehicle, and then reduce the cost of gasoline, food, etc by re-drilling AMERICAN oil. Impeach the Demorats out of office.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

mark p

Quote from: crossboss on July 20, 2022, 05:46:34 PM
My worthless two cents...
ANY dealer offering the rip offs with 'Added Markup' or 'Adjusted Markup Price', walk away, and never return back. Dealer greed (especially in these hard times), won't fly with customers. Its a major turn off. This is why Kia, Hyundai, Honda, and others are kicking our butts...

I have heard of at least several instances of the Japanese the Korean Companies' dealers showing the same greed (at least here in the Delaware Valley) 
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird