News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

WEF calls for end of car ownership

Started by 98SVT - was 06GT, July 26, 2022, 05:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Wants "usership" instead. They also want to do away with your cellphone so I guess that 4% car usage time will go up every time you need to drive down to the corner store to make a call from the phone booth.

https://thecountersignal.com/wef-calls-for-an-end-to-private-car-ownership/

"Be honest," the WEF continues, "you likely have at least one old mobile phone tucked in the bottom of a drawer. Possibly an unused hard drive taking up space too. You aren't alone. The average car or van in England is driven just 4% of the time... This is not at all resource efficient. More sharing can reduce ownership of idle equipment and thus material usage. Car sharing platforms such as Getaround and BlueSG have already seized that opportunity to offer vehicles where you pay per hour used."

The WEF adds that people should not only give up their ownership of everything from cars to smartphones but that technologies and civilization need to be redesigned to facilitate this transition.

"To enable a broader transition from ownership to usership, the way we design things and systems need to change too... A design process that focuses on fulfilling the underlying need instead of designing for product purchasing is fundamental to this transition. This is the mindset needed to redesign cities to reduce private vehicles and other usages."
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

You sure that's England ?

Sounds more like Venezuela,  Cuba,  Nicaragua, etc
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

They keep pushing their ridiculous agendas and the tree of liberty will get a good watering.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

Strange on how things commence,  next thing you will be seeing signs like this
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert