News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Barrett-jackson

Started by azdriver, July 26, 2022, 02:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnSlack

So Arizona has created a localized work around of a Federal law? Hmmm. Still doesn't sound clean.

John

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: JohnSlack on July 26, 2022, 04:29:47 PM
So Arizona has created a localized work around of a Federal law? Hmmm. Still doesn't sound clean.

From the article: The federal law on VINs, in comparison, allows a VIN to be removed for necessary repairs to a vehicle. While not as draconian as many state laws on the subject, this still allowed some sort of exception for repairing a vehicle.

Now does the fed and new AZ law allow a VIN tag to be jacked up and a full Dynacorn repair be rolled underneath it?
This could be one of those 100% repair jobs.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on July 26, 2022, 04:58:32 PM

From the article: The federal law on VINs, in comparison, allows a VIN to be removed for necessary repairs to a vehicle. While not as draconian as many state laws on the subject, this still allowed some sort of exception for repairing a vehicle.

Now does the fed and new AZ law allow a VIN tag to be jacked up and a full Dynacorn repair be rolled underneath it?

From one totaled / dilapidated vehicle to another donor vehicle 10 feet away.....shhhhhhhh !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 26, 2022, 06:01:07 PM
Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on July 26, 2022, 04:58:32 PM

From one totaled / dilapidated vehicle to another donor stolen vehicle 10 feet away.....shhhhhhhh !
Fixed it for you......
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

fastpace

All this does is keep car enthusiasts from getting hassled like the case of the Corvette in Kansas listed in the article.  The original law nor the updated law really has any effect on the people swapping VINs.  In the end, it's down to a purchaser to make sure that have done sufficient homework and validation to ensure the car is what they're expecting.  If the numbers, parts, and paperwork aren't sufficient enough to a buyer to prove to them the car is what it is and worth the extra money, then they should move on to the next one.

FL SAAC

Caveat emptor or not....

principle does not apply when the seller provides false information to the buyer, or when there is a misrepresentation of the product
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

J_Speegle

Though often things are designed and enacted with good intent with specific (in this case owners looking to "repair" cars) examples in mind

It's always the unintended consequences that they don't imagine, lack experience to predict or simply ignore,  that is the down fall.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

GT350Lad

Quote from: J_Speegle on July 26, 2022, 09:21:46 PM
Though often things are designed and enacted with good intent with specific (in this case owners looking to "repair" cars) examples in mind

It's always the unintended consequences that they don't imagine, lack experience to predict or simply ignore,  that is the down fall.

Agree Geoff, it's a good intentions taken advantage of scenario by the unscrupulous
6S373
6S1276