News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Here's a novel idea: Share your Shelby!

Started by NC TRACKRAT, July 28, 2022, 04:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NC TRACKRAT

Sure, no problem! You don't need that extra car sitting in your garage. Let the kid down the street use your Shelby to go on a date. How about the little old lady who just needs to go to the grocery store and pick up a few things (no mention of the cart that slammed into the passenger door)....Or the "Bro" who just needs to deliver some packets of white powder downtown.  (So sorry, man!  I got busted and your car got impounded).  Welcome to the new world order!
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/world-economic-forum-calls-reduce-private-vehicles-by-eliminating-ownership.
5S071, 6S1467

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

No to the article

But I did give the keys to a father and his two children one time while I was eating at a fast food restaurant, so he could give them a ride
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

I let my dad drive mine to work in downtown L.A. back in the 80s so he could show his buddies once...What a "white knuckle"day...Especially when he made the 1st to 2nd shift at about 1500 rpm's when leaving the house.Precious memories!!!LOL :o

98SVT - was 06GT

Not just cars. They fail to mention what they will do when the "users" of a car all need to go in different directions or start work at the same time in different locations. Maybe there will be an employment opportunity for drivers to shuttle cars and phones between users.

https://thecountersignal.com/wef-calls-for-an-end-to-private-car-ownership/

"Be honest," the WEF continues, "you likely have at least one old mobile phone tucked in the bottom of a drawer. Possibly an unused hard drive taking up space too. You aren't alone. The average car or van in England is driven just 4% of the time... This is not at all resource efficient. More sharing can reduce ownership of idle equipment and thus material usage. Car sharing platforms such as Getaround and BlueSG have already seized that opportunity to offer vehicles where you pay per hour used."

The WEF adds that people should not only give up their ownership of everything from cars to smartphones but that technologies and civilization need to be redesigned to facilitate this transition.

"To enable a broader transition from ownership to usership, the way we design things and systems need to change too... A design process that focuses on fulfilling the underlying need instead of designing for product purchasing is fundamental to this transition. This is the mindset needed to redesign cities to reduce private vehicles and other usages."
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

mark p

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on July 29, 2022, 11:31:21 AM
Not just cars... The WEF adds that people should not only give up their ownership of everything from cars to smartphones but that technologies and civilization need to be redesigned to facilitate this transition...
To enable a broader transition from ownership to usership, the way we design things and systems need to change too... A design process that focuses on fulfilling the underlying need instead of designing for product purchasing is fundamental to this transition... "

Wow  :o
I guess you get a "uniform" and live in a box, too?
..I can't even come up with enough sarcasm for this kinda garbage.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Side-Oilers

Hagerty keeps sending me stuff asking me to sign up my cars for their share a classic (or whatever it's called) club.

That's like renting our your gorgeous girlfriend/wife to a stranger for a night out on the town. 

Lots of body damage and internal abuse assured!
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model