Author Topic: GT 350 Rad Hoses  (Read 933 times)

rcgt350

• View Profile
GT 350 Rad Hoses
« on: August 02, 2022, 10:30:49 AM »
Im trying to identify the correct upper Rad hose for my 67 GT350. I got the kit from Marti Auto a few years ago and the top hose I had to stretch to get it in place, so there is no sharp 90 going to the Rad connection.
I clearly ordered for the application and now he says I got the 65-67 289 hose .
 Then Theres one for 20” Rad and 24” Rad , I told him it’s a 20” original factory radiator, but he’s still asking should they cut the one end shorter, how would I know that? I would have thought they should know what hose goes to the application.
 Has anyone here had this same experience and got the correct hose?

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: GT 350 Rad Hoses
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 11:12:21 AM »
Im trying to identify the correct upper Rad hose for my 67 GT350. I got the kit from Marti Auto a few years ago and the top hose I had to stretch to get it in place, so there is no sharp 90 going to the Rad connection.
I clearly ordered for the application and now he says I got the 65-67 289 hose .
 Then Theres one for 20” Rad and 24” Rad , I told him it’s a 20” original factory radiator, but he’s still asking should they cut the one end shorter, how would I know that? I would have thought they should know what hose goes to the application.
 Has anyone here had this same experience and got the correct hose?
It is because the heavy duty cooling package that all 67 Shelby's get regardless of if AC or not. The radiator is slightly wider. Sorry I am hesitant to get involved not knowing exactly what they are offering as a alternative. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67350#1242

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 11:40:03 AM »
This has been an ongoing problem with the upper Marti hose being too short.  Apparently they have not fixed the problem.  Do a search here  -  there are a couple other threads on the subject.
The only real solution I have seen is to find another hose with proper length and 90 degree bends and staple on the clamps.  Don't know about the part numbers but some have sent their own hoses to Marti for stamping.   
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB

rcgt350

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 01:32:34 PM »
Bob
I remeasured the rad core width, 20-1/8” wide
Original rad to the car, not sure what else to look for?
I did a search here about rad hoses, but nothing previous comes up.

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 01:49:45 PM »
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=10808.0

If you use quotation marks around your search topic it helps.  I searched for "radiator hose" and got 2 pages of discussions.

rcgt350

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 04:34:19 PM »
Never knew that about searching, thanks
I can tell you now that not much has changed there, but they have hoses for 20” and 24” radiators
Has anyone lately got one for the 20” rad application?

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2022, 04:36:33 PM »
  Well, define "lately".  The set I bought about 5 years ago did not fit as well as the set I bought like 15 years ago.  Must be hard to find a supplier for the basic hose.  The stamps haven't changed.