News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

No such thing as "contact free"

Started by FL SAAC, August 06, 2022, 03:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Visited a major warehouse food store and was intrigued with the signage displayed.

Pick up at curb side.  Its contact free

Nothing is contact free.

What ever product you order, it gets handled, moved, packed  at the manufacturing plant on several levels over and over.

Then get a shipped to a warehouse or store where it gets handled, moved, repacked even more.

At the warehouse it gets rehandled when it's placed on the floor or shipped out.

If it got shipped out again,  another set of hands loaded it on a vehicle, then to a destination or your home.

If it got shipped to a store or warehouse then you are at the mercy of ALL the customers that shake,  squeeze or handle the merchandise pryor to buying.

So "CONTACT FREE" unfortunately does not exist..... 
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

rhjanes

That's still around here but lessening I think.  It was never "Contact free".  What it meant was you don't go into the store/facility.  Someone still brings it out, you pop the trunk and they place it inside.  But I think they had trouble fitting all that onto the signs.   ;D
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

FL SAAC

Quote from: 67 GT350 on August 06, 2022, 04:05:38 PM
Just a bunch of BS

BIG + 1

As my Olientar fliend Chang wourd say "eggzackerri"
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert