Author Topic: Which of these replacement seat covers are correct ?  (Read 740 times)

Which of these replacement seat covers are correct ?
« on: August 05, 2022, 09:06:10 PM »
I want to recover the front buckets in my 69 GT500 and have not found a definitive answer on the correct replacement material.

There are several options on all of the various websites and this is what I have come up with so far and would like some feedback before I pull the trigger on the wrong set.

For my white interior bucket seats, I believe it calls for comfortweave texture and NOT the corinthian.
As for the style, I am seeing more than 1 option on the Classic Interior website, which one is correct ?
I will be replacing the foam as well and need to find a complete set.

Photo attached of the seat cover options.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 09:39:08 PM by acmemopars@gmail.com »

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Re: Which of these replacement seat covers are correct ?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 09:48:27 PM »
From the two options your starting with the right one is for custom non-factory style seats

The material is the same as the 69 Mach I code DW DWA or DW1 depending on when the car was built. Identified by white vinyl & white knitted vinyl in some sources. More common term is comfort weave. None of the commercially premade seat covers use a true comfort weave that is breathable. Some restorers will go through the effort of purchasing new insert material and paying the reproducers of the seat covers to make up new seat covers on an individual order basis

Here is a close up of the original material. Notice the air holes in the material that covers the center sections of the front and rear seats. I

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 09:48:59 PM »
The "sport" covers are not correct. Thats someone's fantasy

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 09:56:13 PM »
Good and timely information.
I may just pay and have my original seats restored.  It's pretty much just the side bolsters that are coming apart and the center comfortweave inserts look pretty good. 

As long as I can color match pretty close, that may be better than going with a completely different material.

I have a decision to make....

Buy new (Mach 1) seat foams and have original seat covers (Side bolsters) restored with original center section...?