News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Random 67 question

Started by TLea, January 14, 2023, 06:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLea

I would think this has been discussed before but I was thinking about it today. The cars left SJ as running driving cars with full exhaust systems. The early 67s had the non GT rear valance w/o the dual exhaust cutouts. How did that work as tailpipes run through valance. Did SJ cut the openings?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: TLea on January 14, 2023, 06:17:28 PM
I would think this has been discussed before but I was thinking about it today. The cars left SJ as running driving cars with full exhaust systems. The early 67s had the non GT rear valance w/o the dual exhaust cutouts. How did that work as tailpipes run through valance. Did SJ cut the openings?
Tim, non GT duel exhaust tips turn down before the valance just like they did on 66.Although 67 turn down tips look almost identical to 65/66 but they have a C7 engineering number.Apparently when Ford developed the duel exhaust valance they also introduced a new C7 deluxe tip. SA cut the openings when they added the Shelby tips on the early production cars.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TLea

Makes perfect sense. Did they ship wo tips or just remove?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: TLea on January 15, 2023, 08:21:23 AM
Makes perfect sense. Did they ship wo tips or just remove?
The Ford turn down tips were left on the early cut valance cars for delivery and SA removed and replaced. Good questions that I never heard asked. A suggestion would be to change or add exhaust to your subject line for others future better search ability. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Just a picture of some Mustangs as they were delivered at SA showing the rear valance. Lighter color cars show it the best in this larger picture

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

jguyer

So I guess all those years I had the turndowns to address the exhaust fumes, I could have said it was because Shelby American forgot to change them? Of course it wasn't an early car and it had the later valance.. Never Mind.

"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"