Author Topic: k code alt bracket  (Read 1049 times)

grape

• View Profile
k code alt bracket
« on: August 17, 2022, 07:38:05 PM »
i have seen some both ways, would the triangle bracket have been installed before the engine was painted blue?  i would assume all waterpump and front cover bolts will be engine color

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: k code alt bracket
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 08:55:40 PM »
Installed after.  The bolts would have been installed when the engine was painted, removed and reinstalled for the bracket.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 08:59:21 PM »
i have seen some both ways, would the triangle bracket have been installed before the engine was painted blue?  i would assume all waterpump and front cover bolts will be engine color
No the triangle bracket was typically not painted blue because it was installed after the engine was painted. The bracket would typically be painted semigloss black on a 66.  The bolts are painted blue because they were installed on the engine when it was painted . They were reused after installing the alternator bracketry.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 09:27:29 PM »
i have seen some both ways,....................

Need to stop looking around the general internet and google searches for your questions about how things were done originally or what is a "restored" "100% original" and other sorts of claims  ::)

Not going to serve you or you car well if your target is a restoration
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

grape

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 10:41:42 PM »
like all the “original” cold gun blued parts judged as original lol.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2022, 07:11:12 PM »
like all the “original” cold gun blued parts judged as original lol.

Remember in judging how you got the acceptable look/finish is not important since they are not going to test the plating. Its important what the final product looks like :) We could go down the whole finishes and paint rabbit hole but is a long and winding route with plenty of opinions  ::)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge