News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

St. Louis area Car Inspector? Know anyone?

Started by 1690, June 03, 2018, 07:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi All....my friend just drove from Chicago to St. Louis to look at a '66 Mustang Convertible. I could not go with her and I do not want her to be misled.

Does anyone know someone good in that area who can look at it tomorrow?

Thanks,
Nick

shlb69

She could have stopped in springfield for a Shelby.

Harris Speedster

The structure needs close inspection, for the most part,  west cars do not fare well.
Send a  pm to let me know if you still need some help.
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Special Ed

john i think u mean EAST cars dont fare well because of rust issues?

Harris Speedster

Quote from: Special Ed on June 22, 2018, 01:42:47 PM
john i think u mean EAST cars dont fare well because of rust issues?

I had a brain fart Ed>>> age >> it just squeaks out sometimes>> ha
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Thanks John...I forgot I posted this. 

She drove there from Chicago, and the car was a complete mess underneath.

She is looking for a Springtime Yellow 289 convertible....preferably a MT and a light-colored interior and top.

Quote from: 1690 on June 24, 2018, 12:25:15 AM

She is looking for a Springtime Yellow 289 convertible....preferably a MT and a light-colored interior and top.
. Suggeestion,as these cars aren't that rare,why not build one to her exact specs.A "core"isn't that expensive and unless you're looking for a concourse show car it's not that complicated....

BGlover67

Quote from: 557 on June 24, 2018, 08:46:23 AM
Quote from: 1690 on June 24, 2018, 12:25:15 AM

. Suggeestion,as these cars aren't that rare,why not build one to her exact specs.A "core"isn't that expensive and unless you're looking for a concourse show car it's not that complicated....

Not a bad idea, but she wants to just buy it and drive it.  (I'm kinda watching and helping Nick on this one with his friend.)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative