Author Topic: The ax falls  (Read 1866 times)

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

trotrof1

• View Profile
Re: The ax falls
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 01:16:00 PM »
Not to worry, the nepotism shielded yes men left behind will turn it all around.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 04:20:10 PM »
That's very sad news
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 08:33:49 PM »
I wonder if they realize that in less than 2 months, Nov 8th >>>>>>>>>> the big republican push & BIDUMBS power limited to 20% then>>  and oil/natural gas pipelines opened back up and steel plants necessary to even make the green energy panels & windmill  products?

I wonder if they realize that come 2024, that the New Pres will waive his magic wand to open all back that BIDUMB closed down his 1st day of his Presidency /.

In total truth, we absolutely do not have the necessary infrastructure to plug cars/trucks in>>> THAT is A BIG 10 / 4
Just think of  "" millions """ of homes with vehicles that can only park curbside on the street, OOP'S?

iF there is an answer to this, the Chinese have been off and running with it for three years now.
They are in 5 countries with it >>>  right now.
What you say >>>>> Company is called KIO I believe.

This would work in the US, not like 99% of convenience and all fuel stations that can't park trucks and cars on their lots to charge >> THAT IS A BIG 10/4 too

But the Chinese have got around that in a simple and efficient way.
You drive up on a fixed station of sorts they have, a machine automatically changes the battery>>> 90% fully charged with new battery in 5 minutes>>> THAT IS A BIG 10/4 also..
You trade your empty battery, via a machine>> and you pay a monthly fee, which allows up to to 1500 miles per month.

As I write they are working on Germany, Sweden, Denmark and more to import the vehicles in.
One might say, that Ford might want to reevaluate their position, THAT'S A BIG 10 / 4 also,
Crazy sh-- going on.
Respectfully,
 John

Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2022, 12:09:07 PM »
You drive up on a fixed station of sorts they have, a machine automatically changes the battery>>> 90% fully charged with new battery in 5 minutes>>> THAT IS A BIG 10/4 also..
You trade your empty battery, via a machine>> and you pay a monthly fee, which allows up to to 1500 miles per month.
I saw a video on this nearly 10 years ago. You drove up and a robot changed the battery. The car needed to designed to use their battery pack. The robots were laser guided and you sat in your car while the battery was swapped. You got charged by the difference in charge between the battery you dropped off and the one they installed. Plus the change fee. The rates took into account battery life and added a small % for that too.
Also on the video was induction charging. Touted as the future since you could just park your car at a spot in your garage, parking lot or even on the street over a charging point and presto the very inefficient method would top up your car.
Right now at most of the charging stations you need to swipe a credit card or have an app so you can pay. They want to make it so the system recognizes your car when you plug it in and deducts (or charges) the fee from your prepaid account. Can't you see .gov tracking your travel or deciding you've driven too many miles this month so you can't go to the beach this weekend because someone else needs the juice?

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 12:26:24 PM »
ELON introducing the new TESLA H model.

Oop's
He has the car built.
One version is V 8
No emissions at all.
Maybe he figured out that there is no infrastructure and now hi is ahead of the curve>>> like Toyota ?
There are over 100 Hydrogen stations in California right now.

As talked about in the other post, convenience stores can't do Electric stations.
BUT, an instant Hydrogen supply building is maybe  12 ft X 14 ft, easily fits into a typical convenience store lot.

PLUS, 5 minute fill up>>>>

NOW WHAT ?
Is  ELON  far smarter than the two women at GM and Ford ?
Respectfully
John
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2022, 01:04:01 PM »
I saw a video on this nearly 10 years ago. You drove up and a robot changed the battery. The car needed to designed to use their battery pack. The robots were laser guided and you sat in your car while the battery was swapped. You got charged by the difference in charge between the battery you dropped off and the one they installed. Plus the change fee. The rates took into account battery life and added a small % for that too.
Also on the video was induction charging. Touted as the future since you could just park your car at a spot in your garage, parking lot or even on the street over a charging point and presto the very inefficient method would top up your car.
Right now at most of the charging stations you need to swipe a credit card or have an app so you can pay. They want to make it so the system recognizes your car when you plug it in and deducts (or charges) the fee from your prepaid account. Can't you see .gov tracking your travel or deciding you've driven too many miles this month so you can't go to the beach this weekend because someone else needs the juice?

It doesn't need to be the government. GM does a pretty good job at looking at the history of the car stored in the CPU now for "waranty reasons".

The ACLU already won a settlement with GM on blocking them from reading the speed of the vehicle. Initially the software did.

Here NYS has been posting "traffic cameras" at "critical locations" on the "highways".

It is being used for identifying violating vehicles that are not actually being observed by law enforcement officers. Here, they can't accuse the driver of violating the law without being "confronted by the accuser, i.e., a real live person BUT they can send you a ticket in the mail without tagging the drivers license like they do with red lights.

I haven't heard of any of the rice rocket guys bitchin' that they got tickets in the mail for 175 in a 55 but I wouldn't be shocked when it happens.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2022, 01:48:49 PM »
ELON introducing the new TESLA H model.

Oop's
He has the car built.
One version is V 8
No emissions at all.
Maybe he figured out that there is no infrastructure and now hi is ahead of the curve>>> like Toyota ?
There are over 100 Hydrogen stations in California right now.

As talked about in the other post, convenience stores can't do Electric stations.
BUT, an instant Hydrogen supply building is maybe  12 ft X 14 ft, easily fits into a typical convenience store lot.

PLUS, 5 minute fill up>>>>

NOW WHAT ?
Is  ELON  far smarter than the two women at GM and Ford ?
Respectfully
John

You are spot on

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2022, 04:02:44 PM »

It doesn't need to be the government. GM does a pretty good job at looking at the history of the car stored in the CPU now for "waranty reasons".

The ACLU already won a settlement with GM on blocking them from reading the speed of the vehicle. Initially the software did.

Here NYS has been posting "traffic cameras" at "critical locations" on the "highways".

It is being used for identifying violating vehicles that are not actually being observed by law enforcement officers. Here, they can't accuse the driver of violating the law without being "confronted by the accuser, i.e., a real live person BUT they can send you a ticket in the mail without tagging the drivers license like they do with red lights.

I haven't heard of any of the rice rocket guys bitchin' that they got tickets in the mail for 175 in a 55 but I wouldn't be shocked when it happens.

Doug:
Here in SoCal, the red light and speed cameras were the big thing about 10-15 years ago. But, after a while, there were enough court cases where the infraction was dismissed, and some group (possibly ACLU) got them declared unconstitutional (IIRC). 

In recent years, cities have either removed or disabled them.  Some CA cities still do use them, I believe. The revenue they generate must be more than enough to have $$ set aside for the potential legal problems.

I'm more concerned about the coming OBDIII, and its invasion of privacy and other freedoms.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 04:17:06 PM by Side-Oilers »
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2022, 04:51:12 PM »
From the land that gave us our  first smog control engines that led to a national mandate.   8)

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2022, 04:55:19 PM »
I'm more concerned about the coming OBDIII, and its invasion of privacy and other freedoms.
The ACLU has fought OBDIII since it was first announced almost 20 years ago.

BTW: Best personalized plate I've seen on a hydrogen car - HNDNBRG

PS: In 2035 I'll be 85 and using an EV ....... wheelchair.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 04:57:19 PM by 98SVT - was 06GT »

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2022, 07:29:43 AM »
We are spying on YOU !
The idea of being kept track of really breaks all constitutional freedom rights.
HAS anybody here received any "notifications" that their VISA card was bought by a HUGE vacuum  called TCM bank ?

They have bought up many VISA accts at banks all over the US.
They told me that I must agree to allow my information to be shared with their other parent companies.
Who in the hell are they ?
Same basic game as above, am I wrong in my assumption.?
Respectfully
John

trotrof1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2022, 11:14:00 AM »
How long before chip implants at birth? Illegal immigrants exempt naturally.