News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 GT500 oil cooler hose grommets

Started by shelbydoug, August 27, 2022, 09:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

I don't think that there is such a thing but honestly I can't verify that where the oil cooler hoses/lines pass through the front radiator support bulkhead that grommets much like that used on the air conditioner lines were or were not used?

I can't find the engineering illustration for the oil cooler anywhere. That likely would answer my own question?

Can anyone definatively answer this question yey or ney?

In my own defense, I'm always looking for air conditioned 67-8 GT500's at the conventions but they are not common and even when you find one the details are rarely completely original.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

shelbydoug

Does that show in the assembly manual?

Was there an existing hole used for the hoses or was one cut with a hole saw? I'm not sure I could even see that detail on an assembled car?

I think the wiring harness for the left "parking/marker lamp" hole is right there isn't it?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

Yes it is in assembly manual. The original hole is enlarged to accommodate the cooler lines. It can be seen just fine  8)

gt350bp

Attached is the drawing from the 68 Assembly Manual.

Don
gt350bp

shelbydoug

OK, thank you all. This is for the '68? The '67 is the same?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on August 27, 2022, 03:05:08 PM
OK, thank you all. This is for the '68? The '67 is the same?
Yes typically.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby