News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Still think C8 Corvettes are a good deal?

Started by shelbydoug, August 28, 2022, 09:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

There seems to be a major contradiction here on prices?

IF it is true that the cars commonly are sold at way over list, WHY would ANY new Chevy dealer sell them at MSRP? That appears VERY foolish and contradictory to the very nature of new car dealers.

It isn't like there is an over abundant supply of these cars and a dealer can get as many as they want. After all GM is creating an artificial shortage of them to begin with.

It does seem to me extraordinarily foolish, if not out and out stupid to agree to paying 90 over MSRP. It does suggest to me that "Contract" may not be exactly legit?

I do remember "Joey Flowers" posting a speeding ticket that he got in his Boss 429 at the first SAAC Convention in Dearborn. It was for 130mph in a 30.

Now it was suggested, but never actually confirmed that the local Police would agree to write the citation for a fee, and never process it. Now who would go and do something like that? ::)

The thought of being patient, even for a couple of years and buying a nice low mileage used one is a positive thought.

I do have a copy of a classified ad advertising a '21, slightly used for "only 10 thousand more than I paid for it new!" That isn't exactly typical I suppose and you can't graph a trend with only one point, but this entire Corvette thing is radically off the wall and as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather stay with the competition and bitch about them? After all, there aren't a lot of places I can get a new Shelby autographed by the man himself?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

There seems to be a major contradiction here on prices?

No contradictions, just the uninformed making uneducated purchasing decisions

IF it is true that the cars commonly are sold at way over list, WHY would ANY new Chevy dealer sell them at MSRP? That appears VERY foolish and contradictory to the very nature of new car dealers.

The Dealers sell at MSRP to informed intelligent customers who do not mind patiently wait8ng fur their C8

It isn't like there is an over abundant supply of these cars and a dealer can get as many as they want. After all GM is creating an artificial shortage of them to begin with.

True but anyone can go in and place a small deposit and wait for their C8 to arrive . Remember it's just a Chevy

It does seem to me extraordinarily foolish, if not out and out stupid to agree to paying 90 over MSRP. It does suggest to me that "Contract" may not be exactly legit?

Yes we agree that dealer was completely out if li be but as previously mentioned due to the pressure applied,  they caved in , apologized and is now back on track with the sell at MSRP program

I do remember "Joey Flowers" posting a speeding ticket that he got in his Boss 429 at the first SAAC Convention in Dearborn. It was for 130mph in a 30.

Sounds fascinating going 130 mph,  we have NEVER experienced such rapid speeds

Now it was suggested, but never actually confirmed that the local Police would agree to write the citation for a fee, and never process it. Now who would go and do something like that? ::)

Very novel idea

The thought of being patient, even for a couple of years and buying a nice low mileage used one is a positive thought.

You don't have to, but the lowest cost C8 at $66k plus taxes. Why wait as time is not on our side

I do have a copy of a classified ad advertising a '21, slightly used for "only 10 thousand more than I paid for it new!" That isn't exactly typical I suppose and you can't graph a trend with only one point, but this entire Corvette thing is radically off the wall and as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather stay with the competition and bitch about them? After all, there aren't a lot of places I can get a new Shelby autographed by the man himself?

Yes indeed these C8s are selling for over what you purchased them for. Exception is if you pay over MSRP
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

crossboss

It appears GM 'thinks' they have a Ferrari on their lots...Sorry guys, 'I' would never buy that fugly wanna-be from Chevrolet. The C7 IS the best bang for your buck Corvette on the planet in my view...and lots of excellent condition used vehicles are for the taking. FWIW, EVERY new Chevy I have owned was a POS.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

It appears GM 'thinks' they have a Ferrari on their lots...Sorry guys, 'I' would never buy that fugly wanna-be from Chevrolet.

I love the way that the new C8 looks,  performs and most importantly the price.

The C7 IS the best bang for your buck Corvette on the planet in my view...and lots of excellent condition used vehicles are for the taking

The C7 for its time was a good vehicle,  but you just can't compare it to the C8. Its out dated and obsolete just like all the new GT350 once the new GT500 came out...

Do you know what we call the C7s?      20 thousand dollars less....

EVERY new Chevy I have owned was a POS

Well that's not fair statement unless the ones you have owned are VEGAS or CORVAIRS. We have  owned several Vettes, Z28s and Chevelle SS all excellent vehicles in their own time period.

Hopefully you can go test drive a C8 and tgen you will learn and appreciate what American ingenuity can do for $65k

Keep up with the big boys exotics that cost $200+

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

For your reading pleasure

2023 Chevrolet Corvette Review, Pricing, and Specs
https://www.caranddriver.com/chevrolet/corvette

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

By the way you can't beat these prices for this elite vehicle

I have all UNGOLD cars