News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

68 in showroom

Started by gt350shelb, December 02, 2023, 07:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossboss

Quote from: deathsled on December 04, 2023, 03:47:16 PM
Quote from: pbf777 on December 04, 2023, 01:45:40 PM
Quote from: gt350shelb on December 02, 2023, 07:25:35 PM

I dont think she is into this car

I looks like maybe she's asking herself: "Fools and their money soon part"! and then: "I just don't know,........why did I ever marry this man!"

Scott.
She needs to mind her own damn business. It's his money and he can do whatever he likes with it. Let her go earn her own.  Further, if she cannot at a minimum tolerate his personal interests and passions, the question then becomes why did he ever marry her. There is always a replacement available if he so chooses. Men are the gatekeepers of commitment and marriage. Not women. At her age she's pretty much out of options while he has plenty.

I think both of them are out of options...lol
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

shelbydoug

Who says Shelby's aren't a chick car?

I got my '68 in '72. For an Anniversary present my Dad bought my Mom a '73 Pinto. They ordered the car and had to wait for it. While they were waiting, Mom had no car.

I let her use my '68 GT350. I had a pickup truck for work and didn't use it for that. As an aside, as a result after all of these years the car only has 23,000 miles on it but I digress.

Everyday I would come home and she would tell me the adventure of the day. How the local Police wanted to race her. How the guy in the parking lot at Macy's caressed the scoops, on and on.

I learned a hard lesson from all of that. When I got married I never let Wifey drive the car, except once around the block. I didn't need guys following her home.

The only thing I would advise the woman eyeing the '68 in the showroom is if it is a stick, you don't want to wear those shoes driving it but now my experience tells me, she already knew that?  8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

Quote from: Coralsnake on December 04, 2023, 05:38:21 PM
I'm guessing you are not married?

:P
Three failed marriages.  They left.  The Hertz stayed.  At 60 I'd rather have the Hertz.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Coralsnake

TOBKOB

My wife of 50 years liked my '69 and for that reason she liked me... ;)  True story... :)
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

shelbydoug

Quote from: TOBKOB on December 05, 2023, 08:59:45 AM
My wife of 50 years liked my '69 and for that reason she liked me... ;)  True story... :)

I remember going to pick up a date in my 68 GT350. She said, "I'm not getting in that" and walked away. Probably for the best. I doubt I would have been with her for over 50 years like I have with my '68? ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

TOBKOB

Quote from: shelbydoug on December 05, 2023, 05:16:52 PM
Quote from: TOBKOB on December 05, 2023, 08:59:45 AM

I remember going to pick up a date in my 68 GT350. She said, "I'm not getting in that" and walked away. Probably for the best. I doubt I would have been with her for over 50 years like I have with my '68? ;)

And she still has us both although the Shelby is in much better condition than I am... ;D

TOB

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

TOBKOB

I cant tell if she is trying to pull him out before he does something "foolish" or twisting his arm to make him... ;D

TOB

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gt350shelb