News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Wanted: Shelby 10 spoke wheels either Reproduction or Original for 68 Shelby

Started by BlackCobraKR, September 02, 2022, 07:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackCobraKR

I am looking to buy a set of reproduction or original Shelby 10 spoke wheels for a 1968 Shelby. Please let me know what you have and thanks! You can PM me with what you got.

I am looking for the Tony Branda reproduction type of wheels as they were close reproductions of the original as I have heard.

shelbydoug

I have both (not for sale) and the latest repro versions that Branda sold me are superior to the originals in that they are machined on the backside for greater clearances on the brake calipers without spacers.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

Can we get some "education" on this. I have a 67 with what I think are early repros and they fit great! I have two other sets of originals one set presentable and the other set needing finishing, they were blasted and feel rough...
Who restores these wheels?
RARE  Signature Delete

BlackCobraKR

Quote from: shelbydoug on September 02, 2022, 08:44:31 PM
I have both (not for sale) and the latest repro versions that Branda sold me are superior to the originals in that they are machined on the backside for greater clearances on the brake calipers without spacers.

That is good comparison information to know. My search continues hopefully I find a set for sale and thanks!

shelbydoug

Quote from: 67 GT350 on September 02, 2022, 10:20:06 PM
Can we get some "education" on this. I have a 67 with what I think are early repros and they fit great! I have two other sets of originals one set presentable and the other set needing finishing, they were blasted and feel rough...
Who restores these wheels?

Generally speaking, the fitment issue is with the 68 brake caliper. The design of the wheel didn't anticipate the caliper change in 68.

This is in STOCK applications. IF you are crazy like me, there is additional clearance issues IF you mount the '69 Trans Am, "Big Lincoln" set up an want to use the 10 spokes. Then you need to hire an alchemist.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

BlackCobraKR

Quote from: 68cobra427 on September 07, 2022, 05:52:52 PM
https://omaha.craigslist.org/pts/d/omaha-shelby-10-spoke-wheels/7509144075.html

Thanks for posting these and I appreciate it.  I was hoping to find some 15x7 but maybe 15x6 was a typo in the ad as I didnt know they even made 15x6? I will contact the seller to make sure. Unfortunately the others are priced too much for me and are probably originals. The more I think about it I am most likely looking to get some Branda reproductions that are not valued as much as i dont absolutely have to have originals.

BlackCobraKR

Quote from: 68cobra427 on September 07, 2022, 05:52:52 PM
https://omaha.craigslist.org/pts/d/omaha-shelby-10-spoke-wheels/7509144075.html

FOUND!!! I ended up buying these in Omaha Nebraska! Thanks for listing that. I no longer need a set!