News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Console Gauges and Fan Switch wiring

Started by tahart, August 31, 2022, 08:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tahart

I'm replacing both gauges in my 70 GT500 console. The o/p gauges is aftermarket and the alternator gauges looks to be original. Banda only sells them as a pair. The current o/p gauge has the plastic pressure line into it, and the Banda original replacement is an electric o/p so it needs two wires that the current one doesn't. I'm finding two unconnected wires with post type ends taped up in that area. One is a single wire coming in thru a single wire connector, and that wire is black/green. The other comes in thru one of the four wire connectors, and that wire is white/red. Any advice about what I'm seeing? Which wire goes where?

I looked around where the current plastic o/p line goes into the block, just above the filter, and I'm not finding any unconnected wire that would have been connected to an original electric sending unit. I did see a harness going across the intake on that side, with two wires coming out. One wire went to the coil and the other wire went to the water temp sensor. I unraveled that harness and found a third wire that had been cut. It is white/red. But, those three wires go into a three wire connector between the engine and the firewall, and the wire across from the white/red wire is solid yellow. Any ideas about that? That connector looks original.

Finally, the fan switch doesn't work. Coming off the fan switch there is a solid green wire about 4'" long with a plastic female connector on it that is not connected to anything. Should it be? In the same area there is a similar solid green wire with the same type plastic female connector, which goes into a harness, and that wire is also not connected. Should it be?

Tks for taking the time to read all of this. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.