Author Topic: Canvas giclee print of Ferrari race car that almost won LeMans  (Read 752 times)

HistoryBuff

• View Profile
Canvas giclee print of Ferrari race car that almost won LeMans
« on: September 02, 2022, 09:06:33 AM »
Advertised on Craigslist Los Angeles
The Ferrari P3/4 was the most brutal yet sensuous of Ferrari's mid-engine V12 prototypes in the Sixties. There are only three of this race car in the world, each worth tens of millions.Rarer than n Ferrari Ralph Lauren owns. . There is only one canvas print of this, size 20" x 30" from the original painting by Wallace Wyss, the very same fine artist who sold another Ferrari prototype canvas giclee print at Mecum Monterey 2022 August 21 for $1700. .Cash only This is a limited offer.... Considering consignment to Mecum Chicago.

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Canvas giclee print of Ferrari race car that almost won LeMans
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 12:19:06 PM »
Advertised on Craigslist Los Angeles
The Ferrari P3/4 was the most brutal yet sensuous of Ferrari's mid-engine V12 prototypes in the Sixties. There are only three of this race car in the world, each worth tens of millions.Rarer than n Ferrari Ralph Lauren owns. . There is only one canvas print of this, size 20" x 30" from the original painting by Wallace Wyss, the very same fine artist who sold another Ferrari prototype canvas giclee print at Mecum Monterey 2022 August 21 for $1700. .Cash only This is a limited offer.... Considering consignment to Mecum Chicago.

Aren't you Wallace Wyss?

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 12:36:03 PM »
Simply beautiful
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

TA Coupe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 03:04:52 PM »
I'm waiting with some popcorn 🍿 to see how this ends.
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

JohnHouston

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 04:00:49 PM »
I like the almost aspect of it, too . . . .  I was almost a lot of things . . . .

John

HistoryBuff

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2022, 09:00:58 AM »
In assessing value, I think it's tough on the P3/4 that it didn't win LeMans, but neither did the Ferrari GTO which,  up until the recent sale of the Uhlenhaut Mercedes 300SLR was the world's most valuable car. (A GTO went for $72 million a few years ago) But from an artist's standpoint, a car need not have won to be the subject of art. The gullwinged 300SLR(his private car made into a gullwing where the racing SLRs were roadsters) sold for 135 million Euro. So it never raced in that form but is arguably the most beautiful Mercedes.