Author Topic: Has anyone used Corrosion X products?  (Read 779 times)

OldGuy

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Has anyone used Corrosion X products?
« on: September 02, 2022, 02:51:09 PM »
During my internet travels, I accidentally ran across a corrosion inhibiter called Corrosion X. These products come in several forms (automotive, aviation, general lubricant/penetrating, etc.). According to their literature their products supersede "sliced bread" as being the neatest thing on the market.

https://www.corrosionx.com/collections/corrosion-prevention-control/products/corrosionx

Among the attributes that caught my eye about these products is that they do NOT contain waxes or silicones. I, like most everyone on this site, use Boeshield T-9 for corrosion prevention. It contains paraffin. Many products like WD-40 contain silicone.

My thinking is that Corrosion X could be a spray coating used in place of Boeshield and especially for use on cast aluminum intake manifolds/valve covers, etc. where visual preservation of the original surface finish is paramount without the "shine" or wet look. They also claim that their products can be used in high temperature applications.

I was wondering if anyone has tried Corrosion X products and, if so, what their observations have been? It just might be a better "mouse trap"(?).

Frank

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Re: Has anyone used Corrosion X products?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 10:57:52 PM »
I used it for a while and had issues with it when it came in contact with rubber parts like tie rod boots, A arm boots and other pieces so dump what I had left of th egallon
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 12:38:44 PM »
During my internet travels, I accidentally ran across a corrosion inhibiter called Corrosion X. These products come in several forms (automotive, aviation, general lubricant/penetrating, etc.). According to their literature their products supersede "sliced bread" as being the neatest thing on the market.

https://www.corrosionx.com/collections/corrosion-prevention-control/products/corrosionx

Among the attributes that caught my eye about these products is that they do NOT contain waxes or silicones. I, like most everyone on this site, use Boeshield T-9 for corrosion prevention. It contains paraffin. Many products like WD-40 contain silicone.

My thinking is that Corrosion X could be a spray coating used in place of Boeshield and especially for use on cast aluminum intake manifolds/valve covers, etc. where visual preservation of the original surface finish is paramount without the "shine" or wet look. They also claim that their products can be used in high temperature applications.

I was wondering if anyone has tried Corrosion X products and, if so, what their observations have been? It just might be a better "mouse trap"(?).

Frank

I worked in the aviation industry for aruond 45 years and am just about retired from it. Various manufacturers specify various products to be used for prevention and control of Corrosion (CPCP is the industry acronym). Generally Boeshield T9 and various Dynitrol products are specified. They are very similar in that either of them leaves a waxy coating over the part being protected.

Corrosion-X is a competitive company that is more aimed at non - regulated industry so it's kind of wild and wooly by comparison. Have used tons of Dinitrol mostly the "green" version in pump bottles and it is good stuff.

More here: https://www.dinitrol.com/us/partnerprogram/products.html
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 07:58:23 PM by Royce Peterson »
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

OldGuy

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 07:22:34 PM »
Jeff and Royce, thank you for your evaluations and input. I figured that I could get constructive feedback from fellow members.

Frank

Rickmustang

• SAAC Member
  • "What's behind you, doesn't matter"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 09:45:52 AM »
I use Corrosion X marine products on my boat applications. I also have a block coated with the green can. Good stuff.
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT