News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Buyer Beware of 65 66 GT350 3259 carb on Ebay

Started by Bob Gaines, September 03, 2022, 12:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Disregarding the buy it now price the description is deceiving.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/195326168926    I don't know if the seller is deceptive on purpose ,lack of knowledge or a little of both. Ether way it is a bad deal for anyone wanting a correct date coded carb for their 65 or 66 carryover as the title implys . I have contacted this seller before about incorrect descriptions with no change on the sellers part so I didn't waste my time. The description is correct except that by Sept 3 1965 all of the 65 GT350's would have been produced engines installed and all of the 66 GT350's using the 65 bodies (carryovers) would have been produced  engine . Sept 3 1965 is after regular 66 production had already started. Also the logistics of getting the carb from Holley to the engine would push the date it was mated to a engine/car even further. That date code carb is for a early regular production GT350 and not a 65 or 66 carryover.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

trotrof1

Drew Pojedinec

Probably not my place given my hobby/business. (But here goes)

I've heard some things about this guy from people I would trust without a doubt.
I would really be wary, if you could show up, see the carb in person and buy it, fine.

There, that is the most smack I talk about a specific carb vendor

67 GT350

I don't think anyone would buy it anyway (too much) what's to be aware of in that case? (re-list-ville)
RARE  Signature Delete