News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 4-speed shifter

Started by texas swede, September 06, 2022, 09:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

texas swede

A question for you guys,
My friend in Sweden and owner of a 67 GT500 wants to know if the shifter and lever are the same for
a GT350 and GT500. The rods are different, and he found the correct ones in Sweden. He also bought
a RUG-S and it turned out to be from a 67 GT500. Talk about being lucky.
Texas Swede

Bob Gaines

Quote from: texas swede on September 06, 2022, 09:42:53 AM
A question for you guys,
My friend in Sweden and owner of a 67 GT500 wants to know if the shifter and lever are the same for
a GT350 and GT500. The rods are different, and he found the correct ones in Sweden. He also bought
a RUG-S and it turned out to be from a 67 GT500. Talk about being lucky.
Texas Swede
Yes the shifter is different. It is a bigblock vs a smalblock thing.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TLea

Reverse leg different. Rest the same

brandosaac

Yes,  if you stick an alignment pin ( drill bit, phillips screwdriver  round shaft) through the hole that will align the 3 levers locking the shifter into nuetral ,
the GT350's reverse lever (leg) will point straight down where the GT500 reverse lever will be angled back , that reverse lever on the big block will have a slight angle in it

Also, I believe the frame to the shifter box will also have an extra mounting hole at the front , allowing you to mount it to the big block shifter bracket.
The big blocks had the relocation bracket that was mounted between the shifter and the tail housing of the shifter bringing the shifter box back further on the tail housing,
where a small block shifter would mount directly to the tail housing without any additional bracket