News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Question on some ‘68 Spares

Started by billmunny, August 30, 2022, 04:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billmunny

I sold my '68 Shelby GT500 some time ago but found the old Holley and bell housing off the 4sp; worth anything or are these basic Ford parts?

Thanks for any help!

DC-DD

Definitely not the correct carburetor for a 68 500 or any Shelby

430dragpack

Bell housing is pretty valuable, even with the missing pivot.  Good date for a '67.

Coralsnake

It would be helpful to see the numbers on the air horn of the carburetor.

Bob Gaines

The vacuum port coming out of base plate of carb indicates it is not any kind of factory Holley carb for cars of the 6o's.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

68stangcjfb

Carb looks like an 850 double pumper. It has a 50 cc secondary accelerator pump. 4781 list #. Definitely not factory and probably too much carb for a stock 68 GT500. 
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

billmunny

Thanks so much for the comments.

The list 4780-2 carb came off my '68 GT500 which in fact didn't run right until I switched the carb and now I recall the bell housing came off my '67 GT500..both cars are since long gone. ☹️

billmunny

Thanks again for the help with my old spares.

The last other items I found in the garage are these below. Is this an AC pulley and do the numbers denote a date of any sort?

Thanks again for your help!

430dragpack

Quote from: billmunny on September 04, 2022, 02:09:44 PM
Thanks again for the help with my old spares.

The last other items I found in the garage are these below. Is this an AC pulley and do the numbers denote a date of any sort?

Thanks again for your help!

No, it's the smog pump, smog pump filter housing and smog pump air tubes that go into the cylinder heads.  The tubes are for a 68-70 big block(can work on a 67), pump doesn't appear to be for a 67 big block.  68-on pump is different.

Bob Gaines

The smog filter canister is not for a big block ether . Lopo 289 most likely.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Pump and air filter canister are from earlier build Mustangs most likely 67 small block given the details like the cap cover on the pump
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge