News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

no question just wanted to share!!!

Started by imming1965, September 08, 2022, 04:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imming1965

just wanted to share and give sneak peak on project we are working on. it's my first restore on a 1969 Shelby of any style. should be fun... thanks in advance for help that will be asked for in the next months Jeremy
   Jade Silver, White top, white interior, GT350, Automatic, A/C, build date january

Coralsnake

imming1965

Quote from: Coralsnake on September 08, 2022, 04:52:06 PM
Interesting color choice  ;)
the factory choose the color(silver Jade) the pictures are dark because the paint booth lights are not as bright has they could be. much lighter in person ;) :D 8)

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Coralsnake

J_Speegle

Understand your excitement and wanting to share that. :)

Congrads getting this far. Now the fun starts
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

Yes, you have this vision that all the new parts will bolt up and go together with a special beauty, then you find the stripped threads and the hammers and pry bars come out 😂

imming1965

Quote from: Coralsnake on September 08, 2022, 08:02:26 PM
Yes, you have this vision that all the new parts will bolt up and go together with a special beauty, then you find the stripped threads and the hammers and pry bars come out 😂 it was all prefit and threads were all chased before paint, but yes its never as smooth to assemble has people think. But thats car building for you....

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

shelbymann1970

looks great. I remember when I was just before that stage. Pete is right on the tools.  :). Good luck on your progress. SJ looks great on a 69
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)