News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Steering wheel center emblem

Started by paul, September 14, 2022, 10:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul

On an original center emblem, does the "AC" in the center of the steering wheel emblem have one or two chrome rings around it? On an original 1965 GT 350 center emblem, the "COBRA" and snake head have two rings. Pictures below:

Dan Case

Quote from: paul on September 14, 2022, 10:59:08 AM
On an original center emblem, does the "AC" in the center of the steering wheel emblem have one or two chrome rings around it? On an original 1965 GT 350 center emblem, the "COBRA" and snake head have two rings. Pictures below:

One. There were multiple versions of the "AC" style part made past circa 1964. A lot of the 'new old stock' ones floating around in collections were actually a version created for the A.C. 428 Frua cars subsequent to Cobras. The reproduction parts that Valley Ford made available are copies of the 428 Frua version of part.  I have a slide show available comparing known Cobra production originals to Frua and Valley Ford parts.

More detail? Specific part and assembly details questions are better suited to emails as some subjects are quite complicated and some of my sharable files on are quite large (up to 108 pages or if there are lot of illustrations up to 105MB of material).
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

paul

Dan Case

Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.