Author Topic: CSX 2075 racing a Helicopter  (Read 1000 times)

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
CSX 2075 racing a Helicopter
« on: September 18, 2022, 01:41:34 PM »
Fred Gehring and I have been researching Cobras for some time now.  We enjoy talking about Cobras with local Pacific Northwest ties because we both live in the area.  Fred has told me about CSX 2075 racing a helicopter some time back but couldn't find the video tape.

Today, rummaging through some stuff in the shop I found this tape that Hans Pedersen had kept in his collection.  This is CSX 2075 racing a Helicopter at Portland International Raceway.   Footage is by KGW channel 8 news.   Fun times a few years back. 

Just thought I would share this with everyone.

Link to the video: https://youtu.be/oUNDhtROHHI

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
Re: CSX 2075 racing a Helicopter
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 04:24:04 PM »
IF I remember correctly, back around 1987 Motor Trend did the same with a Lambo VS helicopter around the big track @ Willow Springs Raceway. Don't remember who won that one also...
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

TA Coupe

• View Profile
Re: CSX 2075 racing a Helicopter
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 07:23:56 PM »
I first met Gary in 1989 when I bought a 1967 Trans AM Cougar from him and we became best friends. Stayed with him and his wife Vicky a number of times when I would go up for the vintage races and he showed me that tape. He and a friend of his named Kevin Stayed with my wife and I for SAAC 13 and another time when he came down and I took him to SEMA. He knew someone who worked for Shelby and arranged for a private tour of the Shelby facilities while we were there. He was a truly great guy and we had a lot of fun times together. Here's a picture he gave me of 2075 and his clone Shelby at a gas station somewhere in the Portland area.

Miss you Gary (RIP)     Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.