Author Topic: 65/66 T10-someone got a deal  (Read 2072 times)

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
65/66 T10-someone got a deal
« on: September 22, 2022, 03:43:03 PM »
Hi, this got listed last night. Damm cheap if its legit as listed. Looked the real deal
I hope someone on here got it

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/125524560741?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0&ssspo=LL20ElLzTZ-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=IpDXZH7BTG-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
6S373
6S1276

Rickmustang

• SAAC Member
  • "What's behind you, doesn't matter"
    • View Profile
Re: 65/66 T10-someone got a deal
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 04:28:35 PM »
Steal of the year if legit.
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 04:54:28 PM »
......... if legit.

I would be very cautious of these ebay listings which appear to originate out of country, but with product locations from within county; as I got tied-up in such an instance of an Australian listing with a California shipping from point, that turned out badly!   :-[ :'(

Scott.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 05:24:38 PM »
......... if legit.

I would be very cautious of these ebay listings which appear to originate out of country, but with product locations from within county; as I got tied-up in such an instance of an Australian listing with a California shipping from point, that turned out badly!   :-[ :'(

Scott.
That does seem odd.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 06:23:07 PM »
Yeah listing a bit odd. Sellers listing goes on about being a nice guy who likes helping orphaned objects. Maybe legit but was way cheap

6S373
6S1276

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 07:50:01 PM »
Hi all, I came across this auction last night as well and even called and texted two fellow members to discuss. I sent the seller a few questions. He could not confirm the tail housing was aluminum, which seemed odd. The shipping was also only $100 which is probably not enough to ship clear cross the country. He also did not discuss building a crate and packaging the transmission. The date code on the main case was July 27, 1966 which would be too late for a production transmission.  The  tail housing was nearly a year early August 26, 1965. This transmission could have been a service part or over the counter. What concerned me about this transmission is that it could’ve been a Frankenstein. Made up of legitimate parts with a wide ratio gear set. If that was the case, the price is still not to bad. Still a good deal for the date coded main case and tail housing.  I hemmed and hawed about pulling the trigger but decided to hold off. We will see if the buyer is happy with his deal and or if the transmission is returned and reposted. Take care. Cory
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 08:03:21 PM by 6s1640 »

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2022, 09:05:25 PM »
     The gag is generally that the item does exist, it just turns out to be a piece of junk not worth anything near what's been paid for it!  When dissatisfied you contact them, the seller will say: "no problem, just send it back", the problem arises when they instruct that you have to send back to Australia!  :o  After you establish what the freight is going to cost, you just surrender to the fact that you've been had!  :(  And you can't leave bad feedback because the seller will rebut that they are cooperating fully and completely, and a refund will be returned just as soon as they receive the item back; reasonable right!   ::)

In the instance I experienced, the seller turned out to be an airline pilot who frequently flew back and forth from Australia; he had a partner in the game there who's physical address you would be given for a return, and they would happily receive the item if you spent the dime to ship it back, then the item would just fly back to the U.S. freight free as 'carry-on' of the pilot, or any other flight personnel (as it may have done the first time getting here :-\), then to be shipped from here, as it's cheaper for them and your more likely to buy it if it 's here, to the next buyer until it stays sold!   >:(

But in my instance, with a lot of frustrating dialog and being that we had a rather large ebay store at the time, ebay realized the value in our point of view on the subject and credited our account fully, they picked-up the item, and they shipped it back to Australia for the refund!   8)     

Scott

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2022, 05:33:00 AM »
Lets be clear here on the origin. The AU threw me. Is it a play for Aussies who buy a lot from here? The seller has it listed in Saint Petersburg Florida as well as his other items for sale. What is weird is that I always saw St. Petersburg nor SAINT which I think is odd. Anyways for clarity here is what the guy says about himself(copied from auction). I am a married dad of four. I quit my job a few years ago to sell on eBay full time. My other job is pastoring a Church in Florida. I’m not some large corporation, just a regular guy making his way for his family. I have a fun time exploring and finding things to sell on eBay. I scour estate sales, garages, attics and anywhere to find many unique and rare items. I jokingly say that I am a minister for “orphaned objects”, finding them new homes where they will be used and enjoyed.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2022, 08:32:29 AM »
Lets be clear here on the origin. The AU threw me. Is it a play for Aussies who buy a lot from here? The seller has it listed in Saint Petersburg Florida as well as his other items for sale. What is weird is that I always saw St. Petersburg nor SAINT which I think is odd. Anyways for clarity here is what the guy says about himself(copied from auction). I am a married dad of four. I quit my job a few years ago to sell on eBay full time. My other job is pastoring a Church in Florida. I’m not some large corporation, just a regular guy making his way for his family. I have a fun time exploring and finding things to sell on eBay. I scour estate sales, garages, attics and anywhere to find many unique and rare items. I jokingly say that I am a minister for “orphaned objects”, finding them new homes where they will be used and enjoyed.

Looks legit a stellar guy....
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2022, 08:32:59 AM »
Welcome to Florida

The gag is generally that the item does exist, it just turns out to be a piece of junk not worth anything near what's been paid for it!  When dissatisfied you contact them, the seller will say: "no problem, just send it back", the problem arises when they instruct that you have to send back to Australia!  :o  After you establish what the freight is going to cost, you just surrender to the fact that you've been had!  :(  And you can't leave bad feedback because the seller will rebut that they are cooperating fully and completely, and a refund will be returned just as soon as they receive the item back; reasonable right!   ::)

In the instance I experienced, the seller turned out to be an airline pilot who frequently flew back and forth from Australia; he had a partner in the game there who's physical address you would be given for a return, and they would happily receive the item if you spent the dime to ship it back, then the item would just fly back to the U.S. freight free as 'carry-on' of the pilot, or any other flight personnel (as it may have done the first time getting here :-\), then to be shipped from here, as it's cheaper for them and your more likely to buy it if it 's here, to the next buyer until it stays sold!   >:(

But in my instance, with a lot of frustrating dialog and being that we had a rather large ebay store at the time, ebay realized the value in our point of view on the subject and credited our account fully, they picked-up the item, and they shipped it back to Australia for the refund!   8)     

Scott
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Vernon Estes

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2022, 12:37:02 PM »
Odd formatting and style of date coding on the tail...and, as Cory stated above, I've also never seen a main case in aluminum dated that late. Not saying it didnt happen, just an odd trans at the very least.

FWIW also, zooming in on the transmission i wouldnt be entire surprised if its been painted silver in some areas. Hard to tell from pics though
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 12:39:20 PM by Vernon Estes »
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2022, 01:58:54 PM »
In the below image from the Shelby American Inc. catalog dated August 1966 is advertised an all aluminum T10M1 transmission. However, the image kind of looks like the main case is aluminum and the tail housing and side plate could be cast-iron.  The words in the ad do not match the image. But it does suggest an OTC transmission was being offered as all aluminum after August 1966.  At least at the time they were planning an all aluminum transmission to be available.
Cory

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2022, 02:04:04 PM »
Welcome to Florida

I am, an original "Cracker", since the middle of the last century!  ;)

But it's this new age of over the internet business dealings which have been adopted with no other possible recourse if one wishes to participate in our society today, none; and if one really gets down to the nitty-gritty, 'none' are truly proper and legally enforceable.  For example, just read the fine print on your credit card contract where it states in so many words: any transaction where the card and the named card holder are not present is not legitimate, and in such instances it will up to the discretion of the lender to determine which if any of such transactions they will chose to honor and how!   ???

But with the adopted processes it's all about "easy", "convenient" and "simple", it seems this is the key to any successful business model today; regardless of if it might be right or even an establish legal process.  And while speaking of "legal", for those who have been involved in the process of "E-Signature", whether it be the signing for a Fed-Ex delivery, your controlled substances (not always dope! ::)) at the drug store, or say the Title Deed transfer of real property, all with a signature on the electronic screen, that looks no more like one's own true signature than something that might have created by a three year old on their Etch-A-Sketch!   :o

So, welcome to the 'New World'; run by the young and naive with the goal of simplicity of life!   ::)

Scott.

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2022, 06:08:59 PM »
In the below image from the Shelby American Inc. catalog dated August 1966 is advertised an all aluminum T10M1 transmission. However, the image kind of looks like the main case is aluminum and the tail housing and side plate could be cast-iron.  The words in the ad do not match the image. But it does suggest an OTC transmission was being offered as all aluminum after August 1966.  At least at the time they were planning an all aluminum transmission to be available.
Cory

Agree Cory. I suspect that this is a OTC T10. I would love to know what this particular one is like when opened up

6S373
6S1276

cushmancomp

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2022, 10:07:56 PM »
I had a NOS case in the box that came from SAA when they shut down with that same date as well as a used one