News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

One Owner ‘67 GT-350

Started by 1690, June 07, 2018, 07:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

Quote from: 6s1640 on June 08, 2018, 02:40:30 PM
Can anyone save an image of the car for the long term record? The link will expire.   I can't from work.

Thanks

Cory

Here you go Cory.  :)

Description too:

1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350
Only 1 Owner Since New
Hi-Po 289/306hp Engine
C4 Automatic Transmission
Original Dark Moss Green Paint
Original Black Interior
Center Headlights
Stored In Barn For 27 Years
Featured On Legendary Motorcar TV Show
Fully Documented

LMC is very proud to offer for sale this 1967 Shelby GT350

1967 was the first redesign in the Mustang's history creating a much larger and more muscular sports car. The car's initial redesign was a massive success and considered a great improvement over the previous year Mustang.  Then Ford handed over the newly redesigned model to the hands of famous chicken farmer/race car driver Carroll Shelby, and the 1967 Shelby GT350 was born. With its added air scoops, unique front grill, two center 7inch driving lamps, exaggerated front nose cone, and fiberglass hood the new Shelby GT-350 was more muscular than all previous models. The new Shelby GT350 came standard with the Hi-Po 289 cubic inch V8 producing 306hp backed by either a 4-speed manual or C4 automatic.

This 1967 Shelby GT-350 was initially built 03/15/1967 and shipped to Larsen Ford in White Plains, New York. Nicely equipped with all the Shelby GT-350 modifications, it also came with many factory options such as the fold down rear seat, power steering, power front disc brakes, center headlights, tach and much more. The original owner had purchased the car to use it as daily transportation and had many fond memories driving this car to the Woodstock music festival and the Dearborn test track to meet Carroll Shelby. As the gas crisis in the early 70's took place, the original owner had parked the car and bought a Volkswagen. The car sat in his barn for 27 years waiting to see daylight again. After a laborious job simply to remove the car from the barn it called home for many years, the complete car was there just as he had parked it. This Shelby GT350 remains highly original including original paint and interior. It also comes fully documented with a Marti Report and Shelby Registry paperwork. It is a perfect candidate for any Shelby enthusiast to restore it back to showroom new or leave as is. A true 1 owner barn find Shelby. 

This 1967 Shelby GT350 is one of the most iconic Mustangs ever produced and will always be desirable to any collector or enthusiast. This car represents an incredible opportunity for the Shelby enthusiast to obtain a highly original, one owner 1967 GT-350 that deserves a concours quality restoration.

azdriver

Great find for sure but 27 years ago was 1991. What episode of the show is it on? Are they currently broadcasting episodes? I can never find them on velocity.

tesgt350

I say it is only worth about $30K to $40K at most as it sits.

Quote from: tesgt350 on June 08, 2018, 03:50:15 PM

^^^this

As Rubin stated, there is a reason it is way below their typical asking price.

stangman39

Quote from: tesgt350 on June 08, 2018, 03:50:15 PM

I think most wouldn't mind it at that price, right!?
Wasn't the last 67 350 (that was nationally broadcast/for sale) that sold for under $50K the blue one in GA that didn't have the correct drivetrain?

I agree it's probably pretty rusty on the underside since there are not any pics. Based on their shop/work/experience I think they could post pics of the underside if they wanted.

billmunny

stangman39

So which one of you bought it!?  ;D

For kicks I did email them last week but never received a reply.

BGlover67

I just spoke to Pookie and he says it will be out of paint later tonight and he only has to install some nice used Sears glass belted tires and it's available for purchase.  He's only asking $99,999.  He also reminded me just how many NOS parts it will have (sharpie boxes not included).

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: BGlover67 on June 11, 2018, 04:31:55 PM
I just spoke to Pookie and he says it will be out of paint later tonight and he only has to install some nice used Sears glass belted tires and it's available for purchase.  He's only asking $99,999.  He also reminded me just how many NOS parts it will have (sharpie boxes not included).

LOL! Nice.
Nothing beats a classic!

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Survivor

For what it's worth and w/ all due respect to the trailer queen contingent... this car represents the essence of why I'm in this game.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Untouched, unmolested and filled with character.  I'm not sure it gets any better.  I had a chance to buy one a few years back and blew it.  I still have flashbacks about that one.  I missed this one by a few days.  If the new owner wants to make a few bucks, send me a pm and I'll be on the next plane w/ cash.

FL SAAC

would drive it as is, love it
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbydoug

Quote from: anthonyjeffery@comcast.ne on June 12, 2018, 10:33:02 PM
For what it's worth and w/ all due respect to the trailer queen contingent... this car represents the essence of why I'm in this game.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Untouched, unmolested and filled with character.  I'm not sure it gets any better.  I had a chance to buy one a few years back and blew it.  I still have flashbacks about that one.  I missed this one by a few days.  If the new owner wants to make a few bucks, send me a pm and I'll be on the next plane w/ cash.

Lynn Park has among his herd of Cobras, a 289 Cobra he calls "Dirt Bag". He keeps it that way for at least a couple of reasons. One is that he drives the thing all over the place and just leaves it parked on the street. The other is to piss off the Cobra College of Cardinals that call it sacrilege.

The unrestored Daytonna Coupe that the Dr. in Philly owns, fits into that category.

If YOU buy this GT350, then so can you.

The point is that you are not alone with that sentiment and most of us who own a Shelby car are in various forms of it and of that philosophy.

I think that particular car though has been subject to the "barn find treatment" and doused with bags of vacuum cleaner dust and perhaps a few mouse corpses?

I personally would wash the car and clean off the green mold from the interior BUT that's just my criteria.

Also putting some sort of sheet metal over the holes in the floor like a "NO PARKING HERE" sign or a "55 MPH SPEED LIMIT" will probably be necessary. Of course what sign you use is up to you? I might pick a "CLOTHING OPTIONAL PAST THIS POINT" or "NO ONE UNDER 18 ADMITTED"? Depends on what's available I suppose. Use plenty of duct tape on them though would be my advice?  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

BGlover67

I understand the general thought about this car, but what scares me is that they never shared any pics of the underside.   For all we know, the leaf springs may not even be attached to the unibody anymore, and the entire rear end is ready to fall out.   So anyone who thinks they can just "drive it like it is" maybe be kidding themselves a bit.  I can't imagine what it would take to make this car road worthy again, never mind making it safe enough to be a nice driver. 
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

shelbydoug

Quote from: BGlover67 on June 13, 2018, 09:48:08 AM
I understand the general thought about this car, but what scares me is that they never shared any pics of the underside.   For all we know, the leaf springs may not even be attached to the unibody anymore, and the entire rear end is ready to fall out.   So anyone who thinks they can just "drive it like it is" maybe be kidding themselves a bit.  I can't imagine what it would take to make this car road worthy again, never mind making it safe enough to be a nice driver.

Compensating for the rear falling out is part of the fun of driving it. It probably can't move fast enough right now to hurt anyone? Did they say it runs?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!