News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1/2 price Shelbys

Started by 98SVT - was 06GT, September 22, 2022, 04:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Probably executive returns. These were the Pontiac Aztecs of the day. For some reason they just didn't sell.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

mikeh

Wow. And 26 to choose from!!

J_Speegle

Likely  a good percentage were drag pak cars with the "terrible" rear end gear ratios
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: J_Speegle on September 22, 2022, 06:38:04 PM
Likely  a good percentage were drag pak cars with the "terrible" rear end gear ratios
Probably execs with car perks want the funnest car on the lot and generally have a second car at home.
My uncle got a Mustang when they first came out but moved up the line as he advanced. He had a sweetheart retirement deal as a VP and in charge of the Cleveland Casting plant. A new Lincoln with insurance and maint all he had to do was put gas in it. When it hit 20,000 miles they brought him a new one.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

427hunter

For two year old used cars being sold in what looks like September of 1970 (if I am reading that right), with the 1971 model year cars ready - it's about the right amount of depreciation.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

FL SAAC

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on September 22, 2022, 04:59:59 PM
Probably executive returns. These were the Pontiac Aztecs of the day. For some reason they just didn't sell.

Great advertising,  thanks for sharing 
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert