News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Air Cleaner Snorkle

Started by tahart, September 27, 2022, 10:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tahart

I have the original air cleaner with the snorkle on my 70 GT500. But there appears to be a piece missing that goes below that snorkle. Some sort of tube or duct? There is a lower mounted piece, just nothing btwn that lower piece and the snorkle? What am I missing and where can I get that part? Tks

tahart

I think just the S tube. Is that a more common item? $800 for the 2 pieces tells me that lower piece must be very specific.

Coralsnake

The s tube has to sit on the heat shield

Both are FE specific and hard to find. The reproductions are very good

tahart

Tks. What I meant was that I have the heat shield on the car. It's the S tube that appears to be missing.

Coralsnake

They are available separately

J_Speegle

Quote from: tahart on September 27, 2022, 11:29:28 AM
I think just the S tube. Is that a more common item? $800 for the 2 pieces tells me that lower piece must be very specific.

Shared with a ton of 69 CJ Mustangs and other cars though allot of them got tossed by prior owners, guys adding headers or heat shield rusting in some parts of the country.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge