News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Convention posters

Started by wjbjr1942, September 27, 2022, 09:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wjbjr1942

Does anyone know if a poster was made for SAAC 1? If so I am a buyer for one. Also, I am still looking for a Saac 35 poster. These would complete my collection of posters of all the conventions I have attended. Thank you, Bill                                                                                       

98SVT - was 06GT

There wasn't one. There weren't any dash plaques or T shirts either they started 1977-80 and ones were made for the earlier conventions at that time. The first T I remember buying was SAAC 5 (1981?) - but there may have been earlier ones. I think I still have a SAAC5 brass belt buckle.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

SFM5S000

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on September 27, 2022, 11:27:05 PM
There wasn't one. There weren't any dash plaques or T shirts either they started 1977-80 and ones were made for the earlier conventions at that time. The first T I remember buying was SAAC 5 (1981?) - but there may have been earlier ones. I think I still have a SAAC5 brass belt buckle.

Correction. I attended SAAC I in Oakland. The dash plaque looks like this. It's below the gold 2015 Rolex reunion plaque. I'll take a better pic in the morning.

Cheers,
~Earl J

SFM5S000

Okay, here's a better pic of the SAAC I dash plaque. I also attended Mini Nat's I as well (NorCal SAAC).
As for SAAC 35 poster. It too does exist. We discussed it at our NorCal BoD meeting way back then Roger Auber was in charge of that stuff. Comments were it looked like Steve McQueen in a 65 350 jumping streets of SF aka "Bullit" scene. Roger had a sample and the stack of posters. It looks similar to the SAAC 35 dash plaque. (See pic).

Cheers,
~Earl J