News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

How many guys own both

Started by 68krrrr, September 28, 2022, 12:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

I have an 06 GT and wanted one with less than 500 miles, that is what I got and love the car.  If I had to do over again I would look for one with more miles, say under 30K.  Don't think I'd be seeking for a car with stories, accident history etc.   

QuickSilverShelby

My 06 GT has just under 20k miles on it.  I bought it with 17k miles and drove it from Vegas to my home in Alberta, Canada.   It was a fantastic 20 hour drive home.

I specifically wanted a car that had some miles on it so I could drive it without feeling guilty about adding a bunch of miles.  I also wanted a car with some miles on it so I wouldn't take a big depreciation hit by buying a low mile car and subsequently adding a bunch of miles.  I buy my cars to drive them.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

68krrrr

Well, I started this post over a year ago and it took me about that long to find the perfect car, I really wanted a midnight blue Ford GT to go with my Nightmist blue /parchment, 67 GT500 (also a multi year search) & a blue Gt seemed to be the hardest color to get ,I literally looked at every GT that came to market in the last year & there a lot of them, literally a couple a week on BAT.But there were just no blue ones, i joined the GT forum and actually made a post on there and someone reached out that had a minty fresh low mileage one owner, four option ,Midnight blue one ,so now I've got the perfect Ford pair.
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

FL SAAC

Quote from: 68krrrr on December 11, 2023, 10:29:30 PM
Well, I started this post over a year ago and it took me about that long to find the perfect car, I really wanted a midnight blue Ford GT to go with my Nightmist blue /parchment, 67 GT500 (also a multi year search)& a blue Gt seemed to be the hardest color to get ,I literally looked at every GT that came to market in the last year and there were just no blue ones. I joined the GT forum and actually made a post on there and someone reached out that had a minty fresh low mileage Midnight blue one ,so now I've got the perfect Ford pair.

Well congratulations  !

And good things come to those that patiently wait

One last thing....enjoy !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

QuickSilverShelby

Congrats.  Nice car combination.  Midnight Blue is fantastic.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

deathsled

Quote from: 68krrrr on December 11, 2023, 10:29:30 PM
Well, I started this post over a year ago and it took me about that long to find the perfect car, I really wanted a midnight blue Ford GT to go with my Nightmist blue /parchment, 67 GT500 (also a multi year search) & a blue Gt seemed to be the hardest color to get ,I literally looked at every GT that came to market in the last year & there a lot of them, literally a couple a week on BAT.But there were just no blue ones, i joined the GT forum and actually made a post on there and someone reached out that had a minty fresh low mileage Midnight blue one ,so now I've got the perfect Ford pair.
Those cars are beautiful pieces of art.  Blue is a choice color and especially on your Ford GT.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Wedgeman

Aw heck....this is all I have presently...sold the Ford GT 2 yrs ago....still regretting it.... :'(

Side-Oilers

68krrrr, wow what gorgeous bookend performance Fords.  And how nice to have a large shop to keep them in.  Great job all around!
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

68krrrr

Thanks guys it fits in well with my collection ,even with the Washington blue 34 Ford ,the only one that looks little out of place now is the silver 911 Turbo
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

Steve Z

I am fortunate enough to have four.

67 GT350

I would consider a older Shelby, but the later ones? Too many! Bat everyday car!
RARE  Signature Delete