News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Cast AL. oil pan

Started by johnzajc@gmail.com, September 28, 2022, 01:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnzajc@gmail.com

HI---Do original finned Cobra oil pans for 428 Cobra JET Engines have a part number and what is difference between original and reproduction---thank u very much if able to help

Coralsnake

Factory cars used the steel pan, I thought you were on that track?

shelbydoug

Original? The cast aluminum COBRA lettered FE oil pan was never a Shelby accessory item.
It was a product of Randy Dilisio's Super Stang Shop and had an SSS id cast into it.

At some point Tony Branda wound up with the molds and started offering them with a  TDB replacing the SSS id.

Other then that they all appear the same.

I had one of the SSS castings and the casting was just terribly full of porosity wherever you looked.

That one used the stock oil pickup so I don't know why Branda's uses an aftermarket pickup and presumably for the 6 or 7 hundred they now sell for will be nice castings but haven't seen any in person?

I do know that he was selling "seconds" for 500 on ebay so maybe that's an answer as to the current casting quality?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on September 28, 2022, 07:12:41 AM
Original? The cast aluminum COBRA lettered FE oil pan was never a Shelby accessory item.
It was a product of Randy Dilisio's Super Stang Shop and had an SSS id cast into it.

At some point Tony Branda wound up with the molds and started offering them with a  TDB replacing the SSS id.

Other then that they all appear the same.

I had one of the SSS castings and the casting was just terribly full of porosity wherever you looked.

That one used the stock oil pickup so I don't know why Branda's uses an aftermarket pickup and presumably for the 6 or 7 hundred they now sell for will be nice castings but haven't seen any in person?

I do know that he was selling "seconds" for 500 on ebay so maybe that's an answer as to the current casting quality?
+1 Not used on any GT500 from the factory. Not made by Shelby but aftermarket answer to owner demand.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

johnzajc@gmail.com

THANK u all---I was offered one with very persuasive sells speech ----thanks to all of u for support.