Author Topic: Another hurricane casualty  (Read 1725 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Another hurricane casualty
« on: September 29, 2022, 06:02:56 PM »

Very sad
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
Re: Another hurricane casualty
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 07:34:16 PM »
Winged cars+super powerful winds=bad things….

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 08:35:39 AM »
Before pictures

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 08:37:07 AM »
FYI

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

trotrof1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2022, 08:43:40 AM »
The two cars will be completely restored along with the house. It just takes time and money.

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2022, 12:23:34 PM »
The two cars will be completely restored along with the house. It just takes time and money.

JUST ASKING, please don't jump on me for asking, But will the cars that were flooded be on record as flood cars? After being restored? I realize that old cars can recover much easier than new cars after a flood, but would anyone consider buying a flood car?
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2022, 01:46:21 PM »

JUST ASKING, please don't jump on me for asking, But will the cars that were flooded be on record as flood cars? After being restored? I realize that old cars can recover much easier than new cars after a flood, but would anyone consider buying a flood car?

We would not consider purchasing anything (boat, water craft etc) that suffers salt water intrusion. Every metal item, all electrical modules,  switches etc will slowly keep oxidizing,  the wiring inside it's plastic insulation will continue to degrade slowly causing non stop issues for forever and one day

Just our two cents

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2022, 04:43:38 PM »
If it was very rare and very cheap,maybe….I would definitely go into it expecting the worse though……

68stangcjfb

• SAAC Member
  • Long Island New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2022, 05:05:24 PM »
In most states, I think they would get branded titles showing totaled status. But in New York, vehicles 1972 and earlier get registrations, not titles. The registrations DO NOT show prior totaled status. And only vehicles 8 years old or newer get branded titles. Unfortunately, we are going to see a lot more pictures like this! Its inevitable. There are lots of nice cars in Florida! :-\
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 05:17:58 PM by 68stangcjfb »
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s, 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s, 60 Thunderbird, 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd, 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery, 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr, 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 99 Sable, 99 Jeep Cherokee, 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heratige Special

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2022, 09:14:18 PM »
In most states, I think they would get branded titles showing totaled status. But in New York, vehicles 1972 and earlier get registrations, not titles. The registrations DO NOT show prior totaled status. And only vehicles 8 years old or newer get branded titles. Unfortunately, we are going to see a lot more pictures like this! Its inevitable. There are lots of nice cars in Florida! :-\

Add South Carolina to the list of cars that may show up...This is sad, and a sad day for the car hobby.
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2022, 07:43:34 AM »
More classic or special interest cars

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2022, 07:45:21 AM »
The loss on regular passenger car vehicles is beyond comprehension

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2022, 11:52:18 AM »
I fear all the "flood" cars that will be around in the future with out knowing....
I was on the FGT forum and lots are saying that they are safe, one shows that his car was moved to his mother's house, GREAT PICTURE, all safe and sound. Seems like a sense move to me.
How about the SAAC peeps should post pictures of their safe cars. It would be a relief.
Remember number one, what counts the most is people and pets are safe, cars are next!
I also know people that took precautions and moved their cars and personal belongings to safe ground, although that might have been hard to predict.
RARE  Signature Delete

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2022, 12:44:55 PM »
They don't have to be flooded to have salt problems. I was offered a Jag one time for a real cheap price. The owner lived on the beach and every connection in the car was corroded - the chrome was pitted, etc.

Looks like the Superbird was missing it's trunk brace.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

trotrof1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2022, 01:48:26 PM »
Wouldn't a chemical chassis bath neutralize those problems? If it were my cars that's the route I would go with photo documentation of the entire teardown.