News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Ferrari canvas print. 20" x 30" from smaller original--Mecum Chicago Oct. 13th

Started by HistoryBuff, October 03, 2022, 11:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HistoryBuff

If you saw Ford v. Ferrari that Ferrari coupe that blew off the Ford GTs at Daytona (but lost to the Fords at LeMans) is the subject of this print from an original painting by Wallace Wyss. The work will be auctioned off as Road Asrt at No Reserve on Thursday Oct. 13th. You can even (after paying a fee) bid by phone or internet but might be trumped at the live auction. Some giclee prints are offered just as they come out of the printer but this one's been embellished by the original artist. Needs no frame. The same artist sold another Ferrari prototype print at Mecum Monterey for something like $1400. I know Mecum is a company you identify with musclecars but hey, they are adapting to the marketplace--some collectors have a whole Ford v. Ferrari theme to their den....

Bill

Since you did not respond to my last post, perhaps missing the question in the first place, I'll ask again:

Are you Wallace Wyss ?
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

honker

Pretty certain he is Mr. Wyss, ran into him in the '80s in California at a Ferrari event, his card from then.  ::)

Bill

Quote from: honker on October 04, 2022, 05:31:49 PM
Pretty certain he is Mr. Wyss, ran into him in the '80s in California at a Ferrari event, his card from then.  ::)

It makes you wonder why someone would speak about themselves in the 3rd person. Google had some interesting theories about it, wonder if any of them apply here?

Bill

FL SAAC

Why the Spanish Inquisition persecution  ?

Doesn't matter who they are, he's just a regular guy that posts on SAAC with the handle of historybuff.

I remember not to long ago everyone hid behind a name other than their own and some still continue

I was one of the few that put out my real name out there. After awhile the club name prevailed and my name came down.

By the way nice print historybuff
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bill

I apologize to the OP for going off topic with this post

Quote from: FL SAAC on October 04, 2022, 07:07:05 PM

I remember not to long ago everyone hid behind a name other than their own and some still continue

I remember a new user from Florida, on SAAC 1.0, after being given a position of trust, who got caught using multiple user names, in an attempt to make his tiny little circle of influence appear larger and more robust than it actually is. Sadly he has not learned, is still here, acting as the lowly troll he is, and believes a post count is more important than the on topic Shelby/Ford automotive content that this website was created to discuss.  ::)

Bill

FL SAAC

"Trivial"

Again nice print historybuff

I have all UNGOLD cars

427hunter

[/quote] The same artist sold another Ferrari prototype print at Mecum Monterey for something like $1400. I know Mecum is a company you identify with musclecars but hey, they are adapting to the marketplace--some collectors have a whole Ford v. Ferrari theme to their den....
[/quote]

Why not just admit you are the artist and move on? You are keeping this alive by not being truthful.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

TransamEd

I prefer a Wally aka Historybuff post over some others. It has at least some related car content.

And at least he was there when things happened as an editor, he shares the passion for most Fords and Shelbys and he has to contribute something once and then or tries to dig for knowledge beyond borders. An open mind and an open hood (if he still has a related car) for sure.

If he does some "Wally with a hat behind the fence" car related advertising for earning money for his living, I can understand that.
I personally like the canvas art. Maybe a Ferrari is not the best chosen topic here, but the movie has at least a Shelby connection.

Maybe ...to contribute rather to the topic than the poster...it would help the artwork to add a door number to be more precise, which one is meant.
Here is a pic from the movie cars sale.

or this

HistoryBuff

Thanks for the complements about the art. That door number is a problem because did you know some cars are not assigned door numbers until they get to the race?  I might put on the number it ran with in a particular race but at the next race it has  a different number and even different font. I am more concerned in the future with portraying mechanics working in the car but in  40 years of taking pictures,  I shooed people away and now realize they are an important part of the visual story.

Bill: If it makes you feel better, it's me. Ol' Wally from Detroit originally,  and I sign my paintings

FL SAAC

Quote from: HistoryBuff on October 06, 2022, 06:04:28 PM
Thanks for the complements about the art. That door number is a problem because did you know some cars are not assigned door numbers until they get to the race?  I might put on the number it ran with in a particular race but at the next race it has  a different number and even different font. I am more concerned in the future with portraying mechanics working in the car but in  40 years of taking pictures,  I shooed people away and now realize they are an important part of the visual story.

Bill: If it makes you feel better, it's me. Ol' Wally from Detroit originally,  and I sign my paintings

Hazzah !

I have all UNGOLD cars