News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 registrar

Started by Brian Weatherman, October 08, 2022, 06:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Weatherman

#00764 .... is for sale

I imagine the car is a rebody .... is it in the registry?

a rebody may be my only way in these days!

67400F7A00764

any info would be helpful

-Brian Weatherman
Concord, CA

Coralsnake

Brian, welcome to the forum

Lets start at the beginning. Why do you  think this car is a "rebody" ?  Its very irresponsible to use that term unless there is recorded evidence or admission by an owner.

That type of accusation can stick with a car even when its not true.

If you want to buy a "real" Shelby you can buy them for $80k. Thats the price this car is listed for. Considering the place of the advertisement its more likely to be a fake ad.

Have you seen the car in person? All Shelbys are "in the registry" so Im guessing your question really is there any bad information about this car?

Bill

Quote from: Brian Weatherman on October 08, 2022, 06:54:55 PM
#00764 .... is for sale

I imagine the car is a rebody .... is it in the registry?

a rebody may be my only way in these days!

67400F7A00764

any info would be helpful

-Brian Weatherman
Concord, CA

It's a scam, don't be fooled, walk away, after reporting this ad to craigslist first
https://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/d/fort-pierre-1967-shelby-other-gt500/7539912725.html
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ctd/d/fort-pierre-1961-chevrolet-impala-ss/7541717842.html

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Coralsnake

I seem to recall some similar ads just a while ago, using a real business in South Dakota. All fake. Why would they use Houston and Washington DC craigslist ads?

J_Speegle

Didn't even make the effort to showing a picture of the real, fake or reproduction VIN tag  ::)

Did check the "sales site" and pretty much no history or condition report of the claimed car. Or additional pictures Typical historical verbiage we see so often
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

Brian, I say this with respect, you better study up or someone is going to take your pants off

;)

J_Speegle

Quote from: Coralsnake on October 08, 2022, 07:32:10 PM
Brian, I say this with respect, you better study up or someone is going to take your pants off

;)

+1 Do a search and read the many threads on purchasing and pre- purchase inspections. PLEASE

Much better, considering where you are, IMHO if you could find a long term local car that fits your needs. Fair percentage come up in the state for sale.  Won't go into depth and repeat what we've all posted in the other threads already

Also take advantage of what the 67 Register can provide once you find a real car and are interested
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

TLea

If it sounds too good to be true.......

GT350Lad

Registry looks clean. Sparse info but clean. Gotham New York car
Cheers
6S373
6S1276

J_Speegle

Of course we don't know if the car in the ad is that car at this point and not all information for every car is included in the printed Registry

Kent

I think I have seen this car for sale years ago I think it was in Canada and I think I talked to the real seller then.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

GT350Lad

Quote from: J_Speegle on October 09, 2022, 02:26:11 AM
Of course we don't know if the car in the ad is that car at this point and not all information for every car is included in the printed Registry

Exactly. Registry is an excellent resource but is only as good as the info the club receives
6S373
6S1276

Coralsnake

Heres a tip

Search for the contact information and do not use the links and numbers provided by the seller