News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 registrar

Started by Brian Weatherman, October 08, 2022, 06:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: GT350Lad on October 09, 2022, 05:03:12 AM
Exactly. Registry is an excellent resource but is only as good as the info the club receives

In todays litigious society the Registry may not contain all that is "known" about a car. The Registrar may have info in his notes that he can not confirm since he has not personally inspected the car. He MAY share some of that info with you to make your own determination during YOUR pre purchase inspection. The club has had to defend itself on several occasions when they spoke out about cars and the owners felt that affected the value of their car. I know of no instance where they lost. One time they were even sued for not putting what an owner wanted the registry to say about his car. They knew it was false and refused. The judge wondered why the case even got filed. I just heard a bogus TransAm car has applied to run in the Historic TransAm again (after 7-8 years) with a new owner and new story. HTA discovered when and who built it (in the 80s) and when the info surfaced they removed it from their list of approved cars. Nothing came from the threatened lawsuit since the owner saw and accepted the evidence. He sold it (at a significant loss) and that buyer or a couple more down the line has now sold it to someone else apparently without the whole behind the scenes story.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless