News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Coil Wire Connectors

Started by Rickmustang, October 09, 2022, 05:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickmustang

I want to replace my current, cheap, connectors to my coil with original connects. I have several old wire harnesses that I can get connectors from for splicing. Anyone have originals they can snap pictures of? Thanks.
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

J_Speegle

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Just to be sure since you were asking about the coil wire, a 90 degree angle boot goes on the cap side unlike the straight up cap on the coil side.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Rickmustang

Thanks Jeff and Bob. Looks like the wire from the distributor is black, and the connector has a black boot? The other wire looks like red. Correct? Thanks.
1965 G.T. 350
2005 Ford GT

J_Speegle

The wire with the boot from the engine wire loom has a black boot, red wire and a black outer liner/jacket that is black original. Not to be confused with the tach red wire. You can see it traveling from the coil to the drivers side valve cover then up the engine wire loom then to the firewall.

Original picture from 65

Will look for a clear picture of the distributor lead with the eyelet attachment at the coil end. You barely see it in the pictures/ Thinner since it does not have the extra "jacket" and its just below the one with the boot. But the wire cover is black also

Hope this helps
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Rickmustang

Interesting. So three wires:

1) Main engine wire harness red wire with black cover (like shrink wrap) and black boot
2) Distributor wire that is black with an eyelet on coil
3) 65 Tach wire..red wire with eyelet

Interesting that the later distributor wires were the ones with the coil boot.

Thanks for the details. Please post if you find anything else.
1965 G.T. 350
2005 Ford GT