News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1970 427 Boss 302

Started by deathsled, October 13, 2022, 08:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nctrucks

Here is some more clear pictures My Boss 302 with 427 sideoiler stroked to 482ci  Just about finished.

FL SAAC

Whoooodogie that's a nice ride  !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

Quote from: nctrucks on October 14, 2022, 12:03:35 AM
Here is some more clear pictures My Boss 302 with 427 sideoiler stroked to 482ci  Just about finished.
Will go like the wind I would imagine
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Drew Pojedinec

I just did a set of BU/BT dual 780cfm carbs for a member here who has a 427 medium riser in a Boss car.

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on October 13, 2022, 09:54:41 AM
You're welcome. I was astounded that the shock towers would accommodate such an engine. I thought they had to be cut at the factory when a customer ordered the 428. Seemingly not. One size fit all. Also surprising that a G.T. 500 owner gave up this engine to put a K code 289 in his 500. Times were different then.

Look at the 429 vs a 428. The 428 has the towers, the 429 does not
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

mikeh

Quote from: nctrucks on October 14, 2022, 12:03:35 AM

Very cool, that's my kind of ride!!

rhjanes

FL SAAC, I'd phrase that as "The Boss 429 has SHAVED shock towers".  They weren't totally removed. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

nctrucks

Drew Pojedinec did a fabulous job restoring the set of BU/BT dual 780cfm carbs for this project and my original 1967 GT350 carb.

JohnSlack

Quote from: rhjanes on October 14, 2022, 10:13:55 AM
FL SAAC, I'd phrase that as "The Boss 429 has SHAVED shock towers".  They weren't totally removed.

Actually the BOSS 429 shock towers were a completely different stamping and were installed on  the assembly line at Kar Kraft. The BOSS 429 is a great story. If you are really not educated on the whole process it is worth being educated on.

John

Coralsnake

QuoteActually the BOSS 429 shock towers were a completely different stamping and were installed on  the assembly line at Kar Kraft. The BOSS 429 is a great story.

Hmmm, where can I find this information? I thought they were installed by Ford.

JohnSlack

Quote from: Wedgeman on October 13, 2022, 12:33:00 PM
There is still time...John Slack... ;D   ( Go with the Stroked Tunnel Port).... ::)

Wedgie,
Unfortunately after collecting an NOS 427, having acquired two pairs of Tunnel port heads, one NOS set, one set from Bill Ireland, a single Dominat or intake, and a Dual plane 2x4 Tunnel Port intake manifold. I started down the Dual Dominator BOSS 302 TA intake manifold rabbit hole. That trip took me to the end of the internet and back, eating all of my FE parts collection in the meantime. I'm quite sure that if I started down the 427 rabbit hole again when I came back out my house, my wife, daughter and cat would be gone when I came back out. However I will say that every time I see your car my heart skips a beat accordingly.

John

JohnSlack

Quote from: Coralsnake on October 14, 2022, 02:34:40 PM
QuoteActually the BOSS 429 shock towers were a completely different stamping and were installed on  the assembly line at Kar Kraft. The BOSS 429 is a great story.

Hmmm, where can I find this information? I thought they were installed by Ford.

Possibly, I know that some of the early cars left Dearborn with 428 engines as mule motors. The shock towers were a different stamping and as you say and as I say we're installed by FoMoCo whether at Dearborn or Kar Kraft I don't know.

Coralsnake

Honesty, I dont know. I was under the impression that Ford installed the shock towers in the cars....off to find out! 🤔

Coralsnake

Well that took two minutes to figure out. Boss 429 shock towers were done at the Dearborn assembly plant by Ford employees. Thank you for the opportunity to clarify that for people who care about the facts.

JohnSlack

It is interesting to note that the BOSS 429; will bolt directly into the 1971 Mustangs without modification.

John