News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

A short movie of the Motown Missile 'Cuda rebuild (12 minute watch)

Started by deathsled, October 13, 2022, 08:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na6TOWa3Zxs

Yeah, not a Shelby but always a soft spot for the Mopars I have.  I marvel at those times where drag racing brought full grandstands and the whole scene was an amazing social event where Americans (as well as Canadians) were beanpoles in their youth.  Not a one out of shape.  It would be a pleasure to go back to that time if but for one day and enjoy the whole racing scene.  I was in high school then so I was on the tail end of the muscle car era, too young to drive, but old enough to lust after the cars and the lifestyle.  I plan to own a Barracuda some day.  Maybe a 72 to 74 with a 340 four speed.  If I can find one that is in decent shape.  The led very rough lives.  I will turn it into a time machine and go back to those days and never come back.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

I remember at Miami Hollywood those Hemis pulling up to the line, nothing sounded like them and most of the time you could jump in front of until mid track. Then it was adios

Very kool, thanks for posting

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on October 13, 2022, 08:30:37 PMI plan to own a Barracuda some day.  Maybe a 72 to 74 with a 340 four speed.

C'mon you've got my red GT350H - aspire to my first new car a 1970 Rallye Red Roadrunner. By the time it went away it had a very good 440 with a full manual B&M Torqueflite and would run in the mid-high 12s.
I've been looking a getting another but I just don't think it's a 60+ grand car and anything less is pretty much patched up junk. The 70 was a one year only body...... and you can even have gold stripes.  ;D
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on October 13, 2022, 08:30:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na6TOWa3Zxs

Yeah, not a Shelby but always a soft spot for the Mopars I have.  I marvel at those times where drag racing brought full grandstands and the whole scene was an amazing social event where Americans (as well as Canadians) were beanpoles in their youth.  Not a one out of shape.  It would be a pleasure to go back to that time if but for one day and enjoy the whole racing scene.  I was in high school then so I was on the tail end of the muscle car era, too young to drive, but old enough to lust after the cars and the lifestyle.  I plan to own a Barracuda some day.  Maybe a 72 to 74 with a 340 four speed.  If I can find one that is in decent shape.  The led very rough lives.  I will turn it into a time machine and go back to those days and never come back.

Make your dreams come true....sell that old mustang. 

$80k cash money awaits for that old used up rental relic.....common man !

I have all UNGOLD cars

deathsled

deathsled

I do like the Roadrunner. 70 was a great year for them! I only want to add to the harem. Not subtract.

crossboss

Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

deathsled

A 12 with the removable hood? With the 4 hood pins? Definitely!

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on October 14, 2022, 01:08:21 PM
I do like the Roadrunner. 70 was a great year for them! I only want to add to the harem. Not subtract.

What does a Roadrunner say ?

Beep Beep  !

I have all UNGOLD cars