News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

2023 National Convention - SAAC-48

Started by computerworks, October 17, 2022, 12:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

FWIW I called just now directly to the Pitt Marriot North hotel  as online it still showed sold out for the 14th. Under the "Shelby Club" they still had rooms available for 124 a night for a Dbl Queen. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

CharlesTurner

I just booked a room at the Courtyard Marriott hotel next to the host hotel last night, they still had other rooms.  It's just about throwing distance to the host hotel.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

shelbymann1970

Quote from: CharlesTurner on June 07, 2023, 09:30:36 PM
I just booked a room at the Courtyard Marriott hotel next to the host hotel last night, they still had other rooms.  It's just about throwing distance to the host hotel.
Any reason for the Courtyard over the Pitt North? I actually have a map still up in my browser and see how close they are to each other  but their prices as shown on "maps" were 245 for Friday night.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Is there a volunteer sign up sheet or is it just show up and jump into the fray?
Did a few years back and the day flew by, got to see almost everyone, had a blast and it made the convention so much better
Maybe you too could meet Jay Talbots Prius driving brother, he might even sign your car !!!!!
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Cobrask8

Steve,

Yes, please volunteer! I know the Car Show can always use you, as we enjoyed having you last time! I am only helping at the show, you can always help park cars with me!

As for other facets of the event needing help, Ron has not put out the call yet.

Volunteering to help at the convention has been a way I have met so many and enjoyed many of the conventions in the past. You get a feel of belonging and being a part of. I started volunteering back in 1988.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Parking cars sounds like fun. Maybe we can "valet" a few like "Ferris Buellers Day Off"
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Don Johnston

As long as you do not valet as in "Gone In 60 Seconds". ::)

Evil Twin

GT350Man......thx for reply...still planning to attend this week. Praying for good weather..🙏. Evil Twin

outlawincorporated

departing Australian now in transit to SAAC48.  many hours and many miles ahead of me to get there but it will be all worth it.

look forward to catching up with old friends and making new ones.
i will be the guy with the strange accent.

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

JD

For those that were at the SAAC 34 (2009) and/or SAAC 44 (2019) events that were associated with this area the host hotel SAAC 48 is NOT the same one it was for those two events.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0