News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Questions regarding sill plates and console R/R

Started by Thanx2cs, October 17, 2022, 02:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thanx2cs

Looking for input regarding which sill plates are correct.  I pulled the originals (I think) many years ago and replaced with a new set.  I kept the originals and now thinking of putting them back.  Did not remember that there was a difference.  The originals have shelby american and the replacements say shelby automotive.  Curious as to what is actually original to the car.
I would also like to replace the courtesy light bulb in the console.  Is there an easy way? Or does the console need to come out? 
While I'm at it, I am still looking for the clip/retainer for the console lid post.  A picture would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Coralsnake

The sill label will depend on when the car was assembled. Early cars will have the "American" and later cars will have the "Automotive" nomenclature.

You can remove the rear console light by pulling on the bezel. It will release from the end plate and the bulb can be changed.

Thanx2cs

So I will go on record that #2693 came with Shelby American.  Thanks for the tip on the console light.  Now, if I can just get a photo of the console clip :)

KR500

I know strange things have happend with Shelby's but #02693 with Shelby American I find hard to believe. I have seen a low 1600 car with one of each, but nothing Shelby American after that.

Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

Coralsnake