News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Which instrument for this car Marti report 1967 Mustang

Started by Kent, October 17, 2022, 03:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

My customer and I are guessing which instrument is correct for his S Code I say

120 mph without trip odometer
6000 rpm
oil pressure in the middle, left gas tank, right Amperemeter

at the moment he has not the correct instrument in the car and I would like to bring it back to original. Thanks for the help

SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

J_Speegle

From other examples

Top row (left to right)   Fuel  - nothing but a black face place holder (gauge/clock if ordered) - Water Temp

Large gauges (left  to right) 120 MPH Speedometer  - 6K Tach

Oil pressure light integrated in the tach at the bottom

Since this site is not focused on Mustang questions I invite you to visit ConcoursMustang.com if your looking for in-depth dives into Mustang/Shelby and related original details =
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

The Marti report does not specify the tachometer, so Im not certain that would have been included at all.

It appears to be separate from the GT option

Coralsnake

Picture from eBay

Royce Peterson

1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

J_Speegle

Quote from: Coralsnake on October 17, 2022, 06:10:29 PM
The Marti report does not specify the tachometer, so Im not certain that would have been included at all.

Believe it was "automatic" with a 4 speed. Other examples with it not listed on the Marti report had tachs in my sampling. Could not find an example (s code 4 speed) without one.

Would mention that this is fairly common for 4 speed big blocks. The 69 big block 4 speeds I've owned didn't have tachs on their Marti though each had them (unrestored cars)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Kent

I believe also as I had many S Code´s from 67/68 with 4 speed that the 6k tach always and automatic was without as it was not needed. any other ideas or opinions? Thanks for the great help
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Coralsnake

If if has original wiring we should be able to tell if it originally had a tach 😉

Second thought is Kevin should have that info in his data, ask for a do over

Not that I don't believe Mr Speegle  ;)

Scode67FB

[/quote]

Believe it was "automatic" with a 4 speed. Other examples with it not listed on the Marti report had tachs in my sampling. Could not find an example (s code 4 speed) without one.
[/quote]

My 67 S code is a factory four-speed non-GT car. It came equipped with a 6K tach. Years ago I had a 68 S code factory four-speed non-GT car. That one was factory equipped with a 8K tach.

J_Speegle

Quote from: Coralsnake on October 18, 2022, 05:10:12 AM
Second thought is Kevin should have that info in his data, ask for a do over

Not that I don't believe Mr Speegle  ;)

If your thinking of asking Kevin if he does not include items that are part of a package or comes automatically with a certain set of options I feel confident that he will confirm. Believe this is a path we have visited at least ones (with the S code tach question for 67) before

Believe I do have copies of cars with both Marti reports and buildsheets confirming tachs but not sure that those documents will sway others  :)

Coralsnake

Kent

does somebody here has a mail address to Kevin Marti? Maybe via pm.

Coralsnake

13238 W Butler Drive
El Mirage, AZ 85335
Phone (623) 935-2558

Its also on the report you posted 😉